Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

West Ham V Liverpool 4 pm

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,787 ✭✭✭Jayob10

Fowler87 wrote: »
    I think another reason he's playing them is to raise whatever price we might get in January. Unfortunately its looking less and less every game we play. Its a mystery why Assaidi hasn't featured that much though

This is also very true. Its a sad state of affairs, but it an obvious ploy to put make Cole visible to potential suitors. If the West Ham's or QPR's see him getting game time in the league they may be willing to cover his pay off to take him off our hands.

I don't for one second think Rodgers sees Downing as part of his long term plans, but banishing him to the under 21s doesn't make it easy to flog him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,555 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

mav79 wrote: »
    The subs bench is a disgrace, we have young players coming through the ranks that would bust a gut to play in the first team, the likes of pacheco and robinson should have been travelling with the squad.

Pacheco has had several chances and failed!

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    'Mystery'? The simplest explanation is usually the correct one. Assaidi is probably not very good.

Don't be silly. He was excellent in one game in the Europa league or league cup, whichever one it was. What more proof do you want? His other inconsequential performances are irrelevant to the point.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭mav79

He hasn't been given a chance this year and is playing great for the u21's.

murpho999 wrote: »

He's had far less chances than Cole and done far better on average. Makes no sense having that muppet on the pitch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

5starpool wrote: »
    Don't be silly. He was excellent in one game in the Europa league or league cup, whichever one it was. What more proof do you want? His other inconsequential performances are irrelevant to the point.

icon14.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Morgan wouldn't score in this game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

mike65 wrote: »

It is noted how quickly you are on this thread with Liverpool losing and the game only half over!

I post at half time cause I don't generally post during matches Mike. But it's noted how quickly you pounce on someone pointing out the blatantly obvious.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,386 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

Pacheco has never had a solid run in the first team.

He's never got a opportunity like Sterling or Suso have got this year.

Fúck Henderson, Cole and Downing have had a better run in the first team.

But for some people a game or 2 in the Europa League and against Northampton is "enough of a chance".

5starpool wrote: »

Can you not let the manager manage, he seems him in training we don't .

One Europa League match is not good enough.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,594 ✭✭✭kingshankly

45 minutes ago we were brilliant and doing real well now were a disgrace and everyone should be sold
    There's being fickle but this is a new level

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

'Mystery'? The simplest explanation is usually the correct one. Assaidi is probably not very good.

Bollocks. What explains the likes of Cole and Downing being on the pitch then? The simplest answer is to say they are better than every other option we had available for today. Is that your take?

Do you really think that Cole has shown more this season in the games he got than what Assaidi has shown in the games he got?

Any player who can run for 100 metres without passing out is already a step above Cole.

The simple answer for me is that Rodgers cocked up by putting two sub par players in Downing and Cole into today's match squad.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭el dude

Mr Alan wrote: »
    Yet anyone who dares point out this will likely be harassed & ridiculed on the super thread.

Because pointing out stuff like that is about as irrelevant and facile as it gets. There's never a pint behind it other than "NOT.GOOD.ENOUGH"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭FlawedGenius

What a win for Everton the peoples club is taking over.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,594 ✭✭✭kingshankly

Sterling has been awful

Kess73 wrote: »
    Bollocks. What explains the likes of Cole and Downing being on the pitch then? The simplest answer is to say they are better than every other option we had available for today. Is that your take?

Do you really think that Cole has shown more this season in the games he got than what Assaidi has shown in the games he got?

Any player who can run for 100 metres without passing out is already a step above Cole.

The simple answer for me is that Rodgers cocked up by putting two sub par players in Downing and Cole into today's match squad.

If Assaidi was who you thought he was he'd have more games at this stage. You think Rodgers is deliberately not selecting the best options to try and sell people on or whatever? I'm not buying it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,676 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Any secodn half subs? Stream went down and BBC ar stil lrporting the score as 1 1

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

Sterling has been awful

Needs a rest!!

Can you not let the manager manage, he seems him in training we don't .

One Europe League match is not good enough.

I don't understand what your last line means. One Europa League match is not good enough for who or what?

If Rodgers plays Cole and Downing then I will criticise him. They are not near good enough for Liverpool. If the manager continues to make decisions like that when picking teams he won't have the luxury of being able to make the decision for much longer I'd say.

Yeah that's right he did not light up the place when he got a few games at 18 and 19 so he must be crap.

he got 7 games at 18 (most from the bench)

He got 7 games at 19 (most from the bench) under Hodgson.

How many chances have the likes of Cole, Downing, and the other overpaid underperformers gotten?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭double GG

Needs a rest!!

Badly! Seems to have played every game this season.

Have to say, really like how West Ham play. Solid no bull**** football. Very difficult to play against.

Have to say, really like how West Ham play. Solid no bull**** football. Very difficult to play against.

Big Sam for Liverpool?

*shudder*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,676 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Hve there been any second half substitutions?

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

Jarvis :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭jethro081

rogers needs to do something. that pile of crap on the field is his fcking fault so he'd better get a shovel and sort it out.

such a frustrating shower to watch sometimes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,696 ✭✭✭mark renton

yea, very effective - so far they have an og and a ridiculous penalty :rolleyes:

john47832 wrote: »
    yea, very effective - so far they have an og and a ridiculous penalty :rolleyes:

Don't be silly, they've bossed Liverpool with raw power.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭el dude

I wonder if Jaskelainen will have to make a save for the rest of the game?

• Advertisement

Get Morgan on, can't do any harm.

If Assaidi was who you thought he was he'd have more games at this stage. You think Rodgers is deliberately not selecting the best options to try and sell people on or whatever? I'm not buying it.

I think Rodgers is trying to play rubbish players in order to sell them? You really don't seem to be able to read all that well fella, because I said the opposite to that just a few posts back.;)

What I think is that Rodgers seems to have a bit of a blind spot when it comes to some of the poor players that Kenny and Hodgson inflicted on the team, and if Assaidi turns out to be a flop, well he only cost £2.3m which is not much compared to the tens of millions that were wasted on poor players in recent transfer windows.

Yeah that's right he did not light up the place when he got a few games at 18 and 19 so he must be crap.

he got 7 games at 18 (most from the bench)

He got 7 games at 19 (most from the bench) under Hodgson.

How many chances have the likes of Cole, Downing, and the other overpaid underperformers gotten?

Kess,, I'm not arguing with you.

Cole and Downing should not be in the squad,but t doesn't mean that Pacheco should either.

The only thing I can think of is that BR wants some experience in the team rather than all young lads.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

This is dire.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Good to see Flah about.

__

1355071303176.gif

Stewart Groaning...

I'll get me coat.

• Advertisement

If they get the three points, then that's all that will matter though.

And 22 points before today on a very limited budget. His teams are very effective. Hard to break down and difficult to beat. And yes 2-1 up today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,889 ✭✭✭✭klose

Well be lucky to lose by 1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,980 ✭✭✭doc_17

The more I see of Allen the surer I am that he is average. Swansea weren't gonna sell us any of their players for a year remember? Unless they deemed it in their own interests? £15 mil for Joe seems to be in their interests.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Grayditch wrote: »
    Morgan wouldn't score in this game.

he wouldn't necessarily need to, what's needed is a way out, that's what strikers provide someone to take the ball and allow the team to get out of their own defence zone.

• Advertisement

Allen is a very average player gets caught in posession so much Brendas first of many bad signings imo.

You can do better.

I think Rodgers is trying to play rubbish players in order to sell them? You really don't seem to be able to read all that well fella, because I said the opposite to that just a few posts back.;)

What I think is that Rodgers seems to have a bit of a blind spot when it comes to some of the poor players that Kenny and Hodgson inflicted on the team, and if Assaidi turns out to be a flop, well he only cost £2.3m which is not much compared to the tens of millions that were wasted on poor players in recent transfer windows.

Look, Assaidi is not an expensive resource but if he can't do better than Cole or Downing he's, well, useless to what the club should be trying to achieve.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Look, Assaidi is not an expensive resource but if he can't do better than Cole or Downing he's, well, useless to what the club should be trying to achieve.

Do you really think that Cole and Downing bring more to a Liverpool team than Assaidi would?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭FlawedGenius

Turtyturd wrote: »
    You can do better.

And so could u probably I really dont rate him as a manager at all. Chancer!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

just started watching the second half...is joe allen having another mare?

is there any point of having him on the pitch in one of these matches where it is going to get v physical in the middle of the park

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Needs a rest!!

Wrong sport.

They are value for their lead. And on a general level, they are an example of a team maximizing the resources available to them through playing honest football. We good learn from them.

doc_17 wrote: »
    The more I see of Allen the surer I am that he is average. Swansea weren't gonna sell us any of their players for a year remember? Unless they deemed it in their own interests? £15 mil for Joe seems to be in their interests.

He has regressed a lot, started his first few games brilliantly but has been brutal in the last few. He is the Welsh Xavi according to 'The Rodgers' so we can get an Irish/Scottish Iniesta to go alongside him and The English Messi we should be good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,038 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

This is ****en pathetic, unforgiveable by rodgers to bring on cole. Liverpool are turning into a joke of a club.

Melion wrote: »
    Do you really think that Cole and Downing bring more to a Liverpool team than Assaidi would?

What reason is there to think otherwise?

• Advertisement
Advertisement