Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Major mould issue under bath

• 09-12-2012 3:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭

Just getting a house back in order after tenants wrecked it - there was a mouldy smell in the bathroom even though i cleaned it up pretty well so i popped the cover off the front of the bath and there's a load of mould in around it and in behind it etc.

It's not at all accessible. so not sure what to do. I hope to god the bath doesnt have to come out! Anyone got any suggestions as to ouw i can sort this out???

Thanking you in advance!

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,333 Mod ✭✭✭✭fergal.b

If there is mould there is more than likely moisture so look for a leak around the taps and the waste pipe, if you can spread some news paper under the bath and any pipe work then fill the bath and empty you should be able to spot if there are any drips on the paper.

Good luck.

Advertisement