Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Internet TV

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭BENDERS LINKS

Bugsyboy1 wrote: »
    or a
    Western Digital Streaming TV player

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Western-Digital-Streaming-Media-Player/dp/B005NYOKC2/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1355071376&sr=1-1

I want it mainly for netflicks and any other movie download services that might come along.

Has anyone got either? i've read that netflix was removed from the western player this year? Is that right? All comments advice gratefully accepted.
    You're right, they removed it. You can apparently still get it with one of the older firmwares though. 1.06.04 on the right their. This thing doesn't play files from local storage properly either...bluntly, this thing is a piece of shit. Don't get this.

Get an Xbox, or a cheap ass netbook with a broken screen off e-bay and connect up to your telly, anything bar this WD piece of dog-poo.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Bugsyboy1

Thanks for the reply. Hadn't thought of the laptop option.
    Cheers
    P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Chet T16

For netflix and media streaming I'd buy a Samsung smart bluray player

Advertisement