Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Free 20 Euro credit with o2!

• 09-12-2012 5:50pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 561 ✭✭✭

Text: xmas to 50202

simples. Should be credited within 72 hours.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 633 ✭✭✭clevtrev

Dazza wrote: »

coool thanks

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 170 ✭✭Oh hai

Anymore info on that? Cheers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Dazza

Oh hai wrote: »
    Anymore info on that? Cheers.

Eh .. what ?? :L

Do you have a link to it or anything? Just haven't seen them do that before. Thanks :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

You won't get €20 credit free unless O2 sent you the text
    O2_Conor wrote: »
    Hi , You'll need to have been contacted by O2 through post, text or email in relation to this offer. It won't apply if someone else forwarded you the message.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056827670

• Advertisement

Oh hai wrote: »
    Do you have a link to it or anything? Just haven't seen them do that before. Thanks :)

Heard it through facebook and it worked for me :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭kn

In fairness it looks dodgy on the face of it. Unless there is a link to show its genuine a person could be worried that its a scam that signs people up to taking x amount out of their accounts every week/month.

I am not doubting that you are genuine but in this age more info is required.

Skid wrote: »
    You won't get €20 credit free unless O2 sent you the text

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056827670

It still works even if you didnt get the message ;)

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

do yea have to have credit to txt it?

Lenny wrote: »
    do yea have to have credit to txt it?

Dont think so. 50202 is fee text

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 500 ✭✭✭JOSman

Just got a txt saying that my account will be credited within the next 72 hours.:cool:

Thanks Dazza.

It still works even if you didnt get the message ;)

Even if you get a text reply you might not get the credit, that's what happened last time

Doesn't bother me either way, but don't get your hopes up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭double GG

Tried it from my meteor phone, got the message.... 72 hours etc.... Worth a try :D

double GG wrote: »
    Tried it from my meteor phone, got the message.... 72 hours etc.... Worth a try :D

Whatever about O2, how exactly do you think you are going to get €20 Meteor Credit free from O2?

O2 are a lot of things but they are not stupid enough to buy free credit for Customers of a rival network :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭Oracle

It'll really be a miracle if that works! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 734 ✭✭✭Tom_Cruise

u wot?

LOL! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭JackNow

Cheers OP for this BA. Got a reply from O2 that €20 will be added to my A/C in 72 hours

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Jamie.066

I sent the message and like the rest it says will receive within 72 hours, I'm thinking now its a scam and iv hear a few saying it will be taken out of my credit everything i top up, is there a way to opt out from this?

• Advertisement

The number '50202' is registered under o2 telefonica so is definitely not a scam.

Just a promo that O2 sent to selected customers, that we're all jumping on to, in the vain hope of getting something for nothin', usual BA stuff ... :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,408 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Heard it through facebook and it worked for me :)
    So it worked for you then. You got the €20 free credit, right?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭lensman

tried it,.....got reply saying " congratulations from o2, you are our lucky winner this month, your Caribbean family holiday details will be emailed to you shortly" ;)

I figure they owe us anyways .... €20 is a bargain for all your unencrypted personal data ..... http://www.o2online.ie/o2/my-o2/data-protection-press-statement-from-O2.php

muffler wrote: »
    So it worked for you then. You got the €20 free credit, right?

yep. got it in about 2 days

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 115 ✭✭shaddupayaface

Just sent the text there and got a reply to say they'll top up my phone with €20 within 72 hrs. Thanks op

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭stan 117

cheers op

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

I've found that although you get the confirmation code in these things you never get the credit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭BENDERS LINKS

Oracle wrote: »
    I figure they owe us anyways .... €20 is a bargain for all your unencrypted personal data ..... http://www.o2online.ie/o2/my-o2/data-protection-press-statement-from-O2.php
    Was reading this on RTE the other day. It explains all the spam emails and texts and account problems i've been hearing about this last year.

And you have the reps over in the Forum blaming users for responding to the dodgy messages as the reason for the Account problems/mass text messages sent. It may account for some but not that many.

• Registered Users Posts: 935 ✭✭✭darconio

Tried last time: you won't get the credit unless you received the txt with the offer in the first place, that was the answer from O2 customer service after I complained for not getting it.
    And as far as i know the TXT to 50202 is not free (I think it's around 18c).

http://community.o2online.ie/t5/Announcements/Text-XMAS-to-50202-Offer/m-p/582922

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,054 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Just got a PM from one of the O2 mods..

.. this offer was only aimed at a targeted group of people, and anyone outside of that group will not get it.

Unfortunate, but somewhat expected.

Closed!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement