If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Connect wirelessly to Marantz?

Options
  • 09-12-2012 6:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I bought a Marantz CR502 from you a while back, have been using it for home cinema and music and so far all is great. However we've had to change around the living room and it's not easy to connect the home cinema to the Marantz anymore. I've also moved all of my music onto my MacBookAir which is also a bit awkward to connect to the Marantz. Are there any systems out there that would allow me to connect the laptop/dvd to the Marantz over our home wireless? Any advice appreciated!

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

macinalli wrote: »
    Hi all,

I bought a Marantz CR502 from you a while back, have been using it for home cinema and music and so far all is great. However we've had to change around the living room and it's not easy to connect the home cinema to the Marantz anymore. I've also moved all of my music onto my MacBookAir which is also a bit awkward to connect to the Marantz. Are there any systems out there that would allow me to connect the laptop/dvd to the Marantz over our home wireless? Any advice appreciated!

Thanks, and an interesting query - the 502 is a great unit but it does not have any networking features so you will have to add something to make it all work - here are a few ideas:

The luxury version:

http://www.marantz.co.uk/uk/Products/Pages/ProductDetails.aspx?Catid=HiFi&SubCatId=Tuner&ProductId=NA7004

The NA7004 is really the quality, luxury version with Airplay and DLNA networking (although it's not wireless so you woild have to add a TP link at about £39) the NA7004 also does lots of other things like add internet radio and a top quality DAC.. however at £399.95 it really is the Audiophile's choice!

Next up is the Denon option - (they come from the same stable as Marantz so they will sound great together) the DNP720 has pretty much all the features of the Marantz NA7004 - it even adds wifi - so this would eb a complete solution for you - again Airplay is standard so connecting to your apple via itunes is a complete doddle - best of all it's reduced from £349.95 right down to £199.95!

http://www.richersounds.com/product/wireless-streaming/denon/dnp720ae/deno-dnp720-blk

showimage.php?image=308963.jpg&max_width=300&max_height=260

However.... the simplest solution (and there is too much honestly here as we don't sell it!) is probably the Apple Airport express http://www.apple.com/airportexpress/

Just add a decent 3.5mm to 2 Phono cable at £9.95 from us like this: http://www.richersounds.com/product/hifi-interconnects/cambridge-audio/aud100-3.5-1m/camb-aud100-2ph-1m

..and you can tune into your PC music no problem..

Keep us posted if there is anything we can do..

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭macinalli

Thanks for the quick feedback John, honest and informed as ever! The 2 options that you've listed look really good, but I'm afraid with Christmas on the horizon the airport express looks like a winner. Thanks again!

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

macinalli wrote: »
    honest and informed as ever!

..and from a business point of view - I'm an idiot :D

Have a great one and hopefully we will catch you again?

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.