Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problems with inputs on track recordings

• 09-12-2012 6:09pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,656 ✭✭✭

Hi All

I did some recording of tracks over 2 sessions. The 1st session worked perfect. The 2nd session any tracks recorded have a problem of the vocals and other tracks playing back on the new tracks even when they are muted. I think it might have been a problem assigning the analogue inputs ?. It could have also been that I have the outputs plugged in and playing back through monitors whilst recording the inputs. Any help much appreciated. I have attached a screen shot.

reGBH.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,656 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

Anyone ever come across this problem ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 334 ✭✭peter05

Could be a problem of the tracks out was routed to the other track when you were recording?? recording the two instruments together on the same track? but your wave forms don't seem to align for this.What is your interface?

It's an odd one really. your kick is clipping

peter05 wrote: »
    Could be a problem of the tracks out was routed to the other track when you were recording?? recording the two instruments together on the same track? but your wave forms don't seem to align for this.What is your interface?

It's an odd one really. your kick is clipping

In the screenshot the guide & backing vocals were recorded in the 1st session. the 1st sesssion playback was played through the monitors whilst the 2nd session was recorded i.e (Bass, Drums, Brass, etc).

I think it was a routing problem. I had the outputs form the interface playing back through the mixing desk whilst the inputs from the mixing desk were plugged into the interface when recording.

I'm sorry if its not making sense I'm a noob at this

Thanks for your help :)

Can you take a photo of how you have routed the desk out? It's a struggle to figure out without seeing how you have routed the desk and interface.

Can you take a photo of how you have routed the desk out? It's a struggle to figure out without seeing how you have routed the desk and interface.

I'm not sure about the photo , but I can try to make up a schematic diagram of it :)

mixerschematic.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

I'm not sure about the photo , but I can try to make up a schematic diagram of it :)

z4vOHl.jpg

Why is desk input routed to interface input? Are you sure this is how you connected them?

wonski wrote: »
    Why is desk input routed to interface input? Are you sure this is how you connected them?

Yeah your correct. I have changed the pic to what I think is the correct outputs from the the desk to the inputs on the interface :o

mixerschematic.jpg

You are muting in the daw? I can't really see where your problem lies, am not familar with M-Audio. Does it have a separate routing system outside the daw? Try re-installing the drivers.

You are muting in the daw? I can't really see where your problem lies, am not familar with M-Audio. Does it have a separate routing system outside the daw? Try re-installing the drivers.

Yeah Pete

I'm muting in the DAW for the main vocal tracks.
    Not sure about the separate routing outside the DAW.
    I will reinstall the drivers & report back

Advertisement