Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

One side of double socket in Kitchen has no Power

Options
  • 09-12-2012 6:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭

This is at the 'living room' end of the kitchen away from all the other appliances.

This is the original double socket and over on the other end of this wall was a single socket which I converted to a double using a surface mounted box and icontinues to work perfectly.

I checked the wiring on the faulty double socket and there is no juice going to one of the sockets.

Bit of a sketch below showing the wiring.

Should I check the 'working' converted double socket wiring for sound connections.

I'm guessing the two sockets are interconnected.

any ideas lads/thanks.

SOCKETFAULTY.jpg

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

If you are saying one of the 2 socket outlets on a twin socket plate is not working, then the socket itself needs to be replaced.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

robbie7730 wrote: »
    If you are saying one of the 2 socket outlets on a twin socket plate is not working, then the socket itself needs to be replaced.

Hi robbie, Yeah that's exactly the problem, was hoping it was just the socket but when I put the phase tester on the cables at back of the socket there is no juice in the wires going to the faulty socket.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

danjo-xx wrote: »
    Hi robbie, Yeah that's exactly the problem, was hoping it was just the socket but when I put the phase tester on the cables at back of the socket there is no juice in the wires going to the faulty socket.

If there is no supply on the wiring to the problem socket, then neither of the 2 outlets on the double socket plate would work. Plug something like a kettle into it. If it works in one half the socket but not the other, new twin socket needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭SweetCaliber

danjo-xx

If you need a new socket they are in clearance in B & Q at the moment. Look for the orange stands over by electrical, should be at the end of the electrical asile.

Only €2 for a twin socket with switches, bargain!

Advertisement