Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Iphone funny PLEASE READ

• 09-12-2012 6:37pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭

HI, I bought my son an Iphone from Adverts for Christmas.I was told it was sim free.
    So I updated it.Then I found out the hard way it was jailbroken.
    My brother took it to a guy who I think?Re jail broke it, well he sort of fixed it except that I couldnt put any apps on it.
    so I rang 02 and got it unlocked. I connected it back up to Itunes and updated it, becasue thats what it said to do whenI connected it, But now nothing works.

Apple told me to restore, which I did, still nothing,.
    I cant get past the activating your iphone part.
    I didnt know it was jail broken.

Can I please please ask anyone that has a clue to tell me what to do.
    I feel like a Thick, for buying something that doesnt work, and for not been able to get it to work.
    PLEASE tell me what to do.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

Put it into DFU mode and then update it on. iTunes.

Google DFU mode.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭cathy01

Thanks,Ill try that now.Nervous Brakedown time :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

cathy01 wrote: »
    HI, I bought my son an Iphone from Adverts for Christmas.I was told it was sim free.
    My brother took it to a guy who I think?Re jail broke it, well he sort of fixed it except that I couldnt put any apps on it.
    so I rang 02 and got it unlocked. I connected it back up to Itunes and updated it, becasue thats what it said to do whenI connected it, But now nothing works.

I feel like a Thick, for buying something that doesnt work, and for not been able to get it to work.
    What iPhone is it and how much did you pay for it? Did the seller say it was software unlocked?

guil wrote: »
    What iPhone is it and how much did you pay for it? Did the seller say it was software unlocked?

Its a iphone 3 GS, He said it was sim free.
    I tried to do the above and it still wont work.I dont know what to do?
    I need a hug.

Iphone 3gs ,8gb, sim free ,good condition
    This is what the add said.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 612 ✭✭✭Qwerty Dub

Iphone 3gs ,8gb, sim free ,good condition
    This is what the add said.

Id a similar issue with a 3GS. My Mam brought my Dads into a chinese shop to get it unlocked. He just did it by jailbreaking & messed it up. Search for user Massy086 here on Boards.ie. He was able to fix mine in an hour or so for €30. I know its another €30 but better to be down another €30 with a phone that works than not. Sound lad.

if you're anywhere near kildare i can do it for you

guil wrote: »
    if you're anywhere near kildare i can do it for you

I feel like a tW*t crying like a thick over this phone.I cant believe it.
    I wouldnt even know how to get to Kildare Guil.I have four kids , and my baby is only 13 months, and I have one age 10, thats well more hands on then others.I have togo and get them to bed, Ill be back in the morning,Thanks,Cathy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,213 ✭✭✭culabula

Very odd that O2 would unlock a phone that didn't originally belong to you. Other networks wouldn't. Are you sure it's unlocked now, to begin with? Did you see the information on screen attesting that your phone is now unlocked?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭Dublinstiofán

I feel like a tW*t crying like a thick over this phone.I cant believe it.
    I wouldnt even know how to get to Kildare Guil.I have four kids , and my baby is only 13 months, and I have one age 10, thats well more hands on then others.I have togo and get them to bed, Ill be back in the morning,Thanks,Cathy

Im surprised you had time to meet someone to buy an iPhone at all.

Try plugging it into the computer with iTunes open while holding down
    the circular 'home' button. Also make sure you have the latest version
    of iTunes installed.

• Advertisement

My brother is ringing the guy agaion.I rang him and he siad he could only put version 4.1 on it , and I cant use it to download any apps?

So my brother said he will ive him and ring and see whats going on.What good is a iphone if you cant put apps on it.

I just got baby to bed for morning nap, Timer on heating brocken, Social group this evening for 10 year old , guy calling to fix heating this evening.Homework, school run, presents to be wrapped.
    Dinner, two loads of washing, and on and on, the only DOWN time I have is to sit on my computer for a few mins.Right better go, Thanks EVERYONE for the help adive and HUGS.
    Ill let yous know how I get on.
    Cathy xxxxxxxxx

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,753 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

My brother is ringing the guy agaion.I rang him and he siad he could only put version 4.1 on it , and I cant use it to download any apps?

So my brother said he will ive him and ring and see whats going on.What good is a iphone if you cant put apps on it.

I just got baby to bed for morning nap, Timer on heating brocken, Social group this evening for 10 year old , guy calling to fix heating this evening.Homework, school run, presents to be wrapped.
    Dinner, two loads of washing, and on and on, the only DOWN time I have is to sit on my computer for a few mins.Right better go, Thanks EVERYONE for the help adive and HUGS.
    Ill let yous know how I get on.
    Cathy xxxxxxxxx

sounds like the phone is not sim free.
    Have you got a link to the add you bought from?

I might send it to you by pm, I dont want the seller to get stick as I dont think he knew either.That said maybe Im wrong, but just in case.

Sent u a pm

Thaks all, Massy086n is going to ring me.My brothers friend let him and me down.I dont thinkhe ever fixed one before.
    Thanks EVERYONE, from the bottom of my heart.Your all so good.XXXXXXXXX

Thaks all, Massy086n is going to ring me.My brothers friend let him and me down.I dont thinkhe ever fixed one before.
    Thanks EVERYONE, from the bottom of my heart.Your all so good.XXXXXXXXX

Let us know how you get on. Massy086 is a gent. He'll see you right with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,846 ✭✭✭massy086

Qwerty Dub wrote: »
    Let us know how you get on. Massy086 is a gent. He'll see you right with it.

awwwwwwwwwwww shucks lol :o:o its all sorted for her what a bitch it was i have to say. but im glad nobody,s christmas is ruined

massy086 wrote: »

awwwwwwwwwwww shucks lol :o:o its all sorted for her what a bitch it was i have to say but im glad nobody,s christmas is ruined

I think my midnight txt woke you sorry.your a gem an owl pet a Christmas angel.thank you sooo much.

awwwwwwwwwwww shucks lol :o:o its all sorted for her what a bitch it was i have to say. but im glad nobody,s christmas is ruined

Ah good stuff. I know you love a good wrestle with a bricked iPhone. Fair play.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 125 ✭✭wishwashwoo

Listen if your in Dublin city I'll sort it for you while you wait and I won't charge you a penny it's Christmas it's time we Irish help each other again that's who we were that's who we will be again I am in D7

• Advertisement

Listen if your in Dublin city I'll sort it for you while you wait and I won't charge you a penny it's Christmas it's time we Irish help each other again that's who we were that's who we will be again I am in D7

Thanks a million, Massy 086 has FIXed it.I cant tell you jow happy i am.:p

Met Massy086 today. I have never ever met such an intelligent person.He knows his stuff.I wanted to take him home with me.
    Great great fantastic person. Thank you sooooooo much .
    Cathy

So what was the problem in the end?

mad muffin wrote: »

I think it was me giving it to my brothers friend.:D
    I dont know , it was explained to me , but went over my head.Something like broadband, or bandbase or bandband.Something like that was gone, but was sort of still there, but needed to tell the phone where it was, or something like that.:confused:Anyway, its working now.

I think it was me giving it to my brothers friend.:D
    I dont know , it was explained to me , but went over my head.Something like broadband, or bandbase or bandband.Something like that was gone, but was sort of still there, but needed to tell the phone where it was, or something like that.:confused:Anyway, its working now.

I see, a problem with the phone connecting to the baseband.

I see, a problem with the phone connecting to the baseband.

Yeah, I think that was it, ???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭MAJJ

Great thread really made me smile. Massy086 Legend of the boards!

Met Massy086 today. I have never ever met such an intelligent person.He knows his stuff.I wanted to take him home with me.
    Great great fantastic person. Thank you sooooooo much .
    Cathy
    Your very welcome Cathy, you seem to be a great women always looking after your family and friends so I think you deserve someone looking after you for a change, i hope you have a great Christmas

the baseband was bricked

• Advertisement

the baseband was bricked

Had a feeling the baseband was bricked. Same as mine so. No better man to fix it. Hope you got the iPhone 5 you were holding out for when i was over with you Massy. Good man.

Advertisement