Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin City

Options
  • 09-12-2012 6:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭

What City bus would I be able to get from city centre to Leixlip on Friday around 5.15pm. I would need to know the bus number & where to get the bus. I am not familiar with the city at all.

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,681 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

66, which goes from Merrion Square, then Pearse St then Westmoreland Street and along the south quays. You can get it beside Heuston Station at Parkgate Street as well. 66A/66B might also be useful depending on where you want to go in Leixlip and use the same stops in the city centre as the 66.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭squishykins

hillbloom wrote: »
    What City bus would I be able to get from city centre to Leixlip on Friday around 5.15pm. I would need to know the bus number & where to get the bus. I am not familiar with the city at all.

The 66 bus goes through Leixlip (As do the 66a and 66b). Starts at Merrion Square, goes to Westmoreland St (South side of O'Connell bridge) and goes along the quays leaving Dublin. Here's a timetable.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,428 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Alternatively, you can get a train (destination Maynooth) from Pearse, Tara Street or Connolly to Leixlip Confey or Leixlip Louisa Bridge - just make sure you know which station is better as they are a substantial distance apart.

Victor wrote: »
    Alternatively, you can get a train (destination Maynooth) from Pearse, Tara Street or Connolly to Leixlip Confey or Leixlip Louisa Bridge - just make sure you know which station is better as they are a substantial distance apart.

If you're in a rush though, I wouldn't be relying on the train...disaster they are, some don't even show up...The bus isn't very reliable either, but they come more often and dublin bus have their real time thingys now so if you look online or on the app you can see when it's coming :)

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭hillbloom

Hi Squishykins & dfx

Where you mentioned the 66 bus goes to Pearse Street & Westmoreland Street, can I get the bus at either of these places. It would be handier than Merrion Square. I have been checking the map. Is there a Bus stop on those streets. Thanks for all the help. How I would love to know DubliN !!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

Hi Squishykins & dfx

Where you mentioned the 66 bus goes to Pearse Street & Westmoreland Street, can I get the bus at either of these places. It would be handier than Merrion Square. I have been checking the map. Is there a Bus stop on those streets. Thanks for all the help. How I would love to know DubliN !!!!!!

Yes - the stop on Pearse St is opposite the Garda station (basically from the main gates of Trinity turn right and keep walking) and the stop on Weatmoreland St is near O'Connell Bridge

Yes - the stop on Pearse St is opposite the Garda station (basically from the main gates of Trinity turn right and keep walking) and the stop on Weatmoreland St is near O'Connell Bridge

Yep, if you wanna check bus times just before you're leaving, use this for Westmoreland St or this for Pearse St.

Just select the 66(or a or b) to see when to leave :)

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

Stop number 317 from Westmorland street. 66/66a/66b Will bring you to Leixlip Village.

Depending on where in leixlip your Going to, Would depend on the bus. it could be quicker getting the train

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,681 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Also stops right opposite Pearse St station on Westland Row if you're coming from the other side, stop no 495.

Click 'view on map' to check the map of the stops:

http://www.dublinbus.ie/en/Your-Journey1/Timetables/All-Timetables/66/

Advertisement