Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Soccer Access Requests 1 Month Ban

Options
  • 09-12-2012 7:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭

I applied to have access to the Soccer Board, unfortunately instead of getting an acceptance I received a Ban.

THIS IS THE BAN MESSAGE I RECEIVE:
    You have been banned
    Dear Raif Severance,

You have been banned from Soccer Access Requests for one month for a breach of the forum charter.

Every forum on Boards.ie has a charter which lists any specific rules that forum may have and it is really important that you read this as it'll help you familiarise yourself with how that forum works. You should also understand that every forum is different and that charters are how you learn the differences.

Please see the Boards.ie FAQ for more details.

If you wish to appeal this ban you can see details on how to do so here.

dfx-

I immediately PM'ed the Mod for some clarification.

THIS IS THE PM I SENT:
    Ok, this one has stumped me. I assume for some reason, that my request access to the soccer board has been denied for 1 month.

Let's review.

1. To gain access, first I need 50 non-spammy post, which I have.

2. After that, I need to post "I would like to join the soccer forum. I have read the soccer forum charter and agree to abide by the rules of the soccer forum. The two identifier words are ____ and _____" on the Soccer Access Request, which I have done. For some reason, I too cannot access this post, may have something to do with my current ban, I guess.

3. As I understand, the 2 words I needed are the italicized ones from this thread http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showt...p?t=2055335026 which I have identified as outlined (Found under BAN PROCEDURE) and abreast (Found under RULE CHANGES.

AFAIK I've done everything that was asked to gain access to the Soccer Boards as dilligently as I could. I've written this PM asking for some clarification as to the reasons for the ban and what were the errors that I have done that led to it.

Thanks.

THIS IS THE PM I RECEIVED IN RESPONSE:
    Hi,

To clarify the ban - you have been from the soccer access requests Forum for not meeting the requirements for application. This incurs a one month ban as per the forum charter.

This is due to the incorrect identifying words in your application. Not meeting the application requirements means that you must have not read either the Soccer Forum charter or the Soccer Access Requests Forum charter.

From what you have posted above, I can see the problem is the Soccer Forum charter thread that you read. The one you have linked is not the current soccer forum charter thread which is linked below.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showt...p?t=2056320446

In this case, the two italicised words are not outlined and abreast.

Kind Regards,
    Dfx-.

According to his response, I have failed to identify the correct italicized words. In my defense, the link the access gave me was the old one. The one where you click in the NOTICES, if you have 50 Non-Spammy Posts, to have access to the Soccer Board: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055335026

Unfortunately, I didn't know there was a new one. I just assume that the link I followed was correct, hence the reason why the Italicized Words I gave was wrong, since I use the old Charter Thread.

I'm appealing the Ban, because I think it's too harsh.

And also, please fix the link so that it transfers you to the current correct one, so that it helps new members like me from making mistakes and getting a Ban.

Thanks!

Comments

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

OK, I'll take a look at this

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

A couple of initial questions for you:

1. Did you read the Soccer Access Request Charter and Mechanism thread before applying - that has the correct link?
    2. Could you provide me with a link to the post which provided the incorrect link - did you point out the incorrect link to the mod before starting this dispute thread?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭Raif Severance

Beasty wrote: »
    A couple of initial questions for you:

1. Did you read the Soccer Access Request Charter and Mechanism thread before applying - that has the correct link?
    2. Could you provide me with a link to the post which provided the incorrect link - did you point out the incorrect link to the mod before starting this dispute thread?

Thanks

Ok. I clicked the link on top of the NOTICES. Right now, the only thing I see there is this The Boards.ie t-shirt designed by our own DamoElDiablo is now on sale from our friends in Qwertee , but before I applied for the Soccer Access, there's another NOTICE on top of that, saying I need at least 50 Non-Spam Post and at least 1 month of membership, and I need to request for the access. So after getting the minimum requirements, I clicked the link. Unfortunately that NOTICE is now gone, probably because I've already made the request.

As for the links, I'm currently looking at my GOOGLE CHROME HISTORY. Unfortunately, I cannot access them. It's saying I do not have permission. So I'm not sure which of these links is/are the ones I've used.
    Why don't you try and see if you can access them?

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=82137252#post82137252
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/newthread.php?do=newthread&f=451
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054846032
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056825090

One of these links, gave me the instruction to post this "I would like to join the soccer forum. I have read the soccer forum charter and agree to abide by the rules of the soccer forum. The two identifier words are ____ and _____" in the Soccer Access Request along with the 2 Italicized words. Those 2 Italicized Words can be found in the Soccer Charter. Unfortunately the Soccer Charter it linked me was the old one. It was this one: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055335026

And no, I didn't mention the incorrect link to the Mod. Upon reading the chart, I thought that the next step was this. Sorry for that. And thanks for the help! :D

I am presuming that notice is for newbies signing up. Hence I don't think either I or the mod who banned you can see it.

The reason I asked about whether you read the Soccer Access Charter (which is stickied in the Soccer Access Forum) is that there is a rule that states that if you start a Dispute Thread following a ban from the forum your ban gets automatically increased to 3 months. However I suspect you were provided with a link to the old charter which does not have that rule.

I need to speak to the Soccer Mods and probably the Site Development team to confirm what it said, and get it changed if necessary

Arguably you should have checked the rules directly (in both the Soccer and Soccer Access Forums), but I'll speak to the mods about this as it would appear you have inadvertantly been directed via the wrong links

I am presuming that notice is for newbies signing up. Hence I don't think either I or the mod who banned you can see it.

The reason I asked about whether you read the Soccer Access Charter (which is stickied in the Soccer Access Forum) is that there is a rule that states that if you start a Dispute Thread following a ban from the forum your ban gets automatically increased to 3 months. However I suspect you were provided with a link to the old charter which does not have that rule.

I need to speak to the Soccer Mods and probably the Site Development team to confirm what it said, and get it changed if necessary

Arguably you should have checked the rules directly (in both the Soccer and Soccer Access Forums), but I'll speak to the mods about this as it would appear you have inadvertantly been directed via the wrong links

Thanks for the help! Really appreciate it. :D

• Advertisement

I've discussed this with the local mods. None of us can see the notice you are referring to as we assume it only appears for new users. I'm therefore asking the Admins to have a look at it and change the links as required

This appears to be a genuine mistake resulting from the incorrect links being placed in the notice you have referred to. I have therefore agreed with the Soccer Mods that the ban be lifted. Once they have done that you will be able to re-apply for access. Please do so by visiting the Soccer Access Requests Forum directly, and reading the charter there which links directly the the current main Soccer Forum Charter, which will have the correct identifier words.

I've discussed this with the local mods. None of us can see the notice you are referring to as we assume it only appears for new users. I'm therefore asking the Admins to have a look at it and change the links as required

This appears to be a genuine mistake resulting from the incorrect links being placed in the notice you have referred to. I have therefore agreed with the Soccer Mods that the ban be lifted. Once they have done that you will be able to re-apply for access. Please do so by visiting the Soccer Access Requests Forum directly, and reading the charter there which links directly the the current main Soccer Forum Charter, which will have the correct identifier words.

Is there a way to know if my Ban is lifted? Do I get a notice or is it through PM?

And thanks again for the help. :D

Is there a way to know if my Ban is lifted? Do I get a notice or is it through PM?

And thanks again for the help. :D
    I've just had a look, and it's been lifted - you should be able to access it now

This Dispute can now be marked Resolved

I've just had a look, and it's been lifted - you should be able to access it now

This Dispute can now be marked Resolved

SWEET! And thanks again for everything. :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement