Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kobo ebooks website

Options
  • 09-12-2012 7:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭

Hi All,

Im getting a Kobo Touch for Christmas and I was hoping for some website suggestions. Can I buy ebooks from Amazon or is that Kindle only? I really have no idea of where to buy from!

Any reputable website suggestions appreciated, esp for the cheaper end of the scale :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭FouxDaFaFa

Kobo have a books website where you can buy. I believe (don't take my word for it) you can also buy on Amazon, etc but you may have to change the format of the files using something like Calibre because Amazon employ a proprietary format (instructions here).

Don't forget, lots of free books on Gutenburg Project and GoodReads.

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭billiejosie

Thanks a mil FouxDaFaFa, free ebooks is even better!

I'm not really technologically so I wouldnt be up on different formats etc, so I'd probably stick to websites that support Kobos without alterations

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Im_That_Girl

The Kobo supports epub files so you can buy books from Easons.ie, Smashwords, and other online bookstores (except Amazon).

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭billiejosie

The Kobo supports epub files so you can buy books from Easons.ie, Smashwords, and other online bookstores (except Amazon).

Thank you, never even heard of Smashwords, another for the list!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,256 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

booksonboard.com is pretty good too

• Advertisement
Advertisement