Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas Markets

Options
  • 09-12-2012 8:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭

Anyone have any views on which would be better, the Dublin or Belfast one?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

Vain wrote: »

Tayto Park Christmass Market in Ashbourne.

Went to it yesterday....fantastic time up there.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 350 ✭✭wtlltw

Dublin one is very poor, get a cheap flight over to the one in Birmingham, now that was very good

Vain wrote: »

Theres a large Xmass market and winter wonderland down in the IFSC.

http://www.christmasmarkets.com/Ireland/dublin-docklands-christmas-market.html

Large Carousel for the kids and adults to go on and all sorts of festive drinks and treats to sample too.

Its FREE too.:D

Heres a list of Xmass markets around Ireland this year.

http://www.christmasmarkets.com/Ireland.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 350 ✭✭wtlltw

paddy147 wrote: »
    Theres a large Xmass market and winter wonderland down in the IFSC.

http://www.christmasmarkets.com/Ireland/dublin-docklands-christmas-market.html

Large Carousel for the kids and adults to go on and all sorts of festive drinks and treats to sample too.

Its FREE too.:D

I went there on the weekend, walked through it in 10-15 minutes and left. The majority of the vendors were the same as the ones from the Tall Ships. Shame really as I was hoping it would be good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭joe316

wtlltw wrote: »
    I went there on the weekend, walked through it in 10-15 minutes and left. The majority of the vendors were the same as the ones from the Tall Ships. Shame really as I was hoping it would be good.

+1

It was absolute rubbish, and before anyone says its free and what do you expect, the same one 2 years ago was great. Loads of stalls selling little knick knacks like personalized decorations, etc.. I fail to see how knock off beats by dre headphones and teeth whitening have got anything to do with christmas.

Dont bother going.

joe316 wrote: »
    +1

It was absolute rubbish, and before anyone says its free and what do you expect, the same one 2 years ago was great. Loads of stalls selling little knick knacks like personalized decorations, etc.. I fail to see how knock off beats by dre headphones and teeth whitening have got anything to do with christmas.

Dont bother going.

Well at least you saved me us 3 bus fares into town at the weekend...:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Julo12

joe316 wrote: »

+1

Dont bother going.

Agreed. Brought baby in today for a stroll... Thankfully have an annual dart ticket or it would have been a serious waste of money for the 15 mins it took me to walk around it. And did nothing to get me in the Xmas spirit!

And they also deleted my post on their facebook mentioning the stalls selling knock off goods.....hmmmmm

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭tomboylady

Sorry to hear that, but glad I heard before I went there myself. I went to the IFSC one for the first time a few years ago and really enjoyed it, even bought quite a few presents there. However, I went again last year and was sorely disappointed. Sounds like this year is the same story.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

IFSC Xmas market is so bad this year! It is tiny now, no stalls of any use and it just seems like a chancer sort of market, with, as others have said, stalls from the Tall Ships(and other events) during the Summer, german sausage, food food food, and a few rides for the kids.

Looks like the IFSC one will not last much longer. Typical Dublin way.
    Two years ago I spent so much money on presents there. What has happened???

Airtricity also deleted my post highlighting the issues

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

There is one in Waterford this year. In fact there's a whole winterval Christmas festival! I am not home yet for Christmas but everyone is raving about how great all the activities are. Can't wait to go :D

Went to the Christmass market and winter wonderland in Hyde Park in London 3 years ago.

DDD (Dublin Docklands Development),IFSC and Airtricity could learn a thing or 2 from how the officials run the Christmass market and winter wonderland over in Hyde Park.

Its BRILLIANT.:D

IFSC Xmas market is so bad this year! It is tiny now, no stalls of any use and it just seems like a chancer sort of market, with, as others have said, stalls from the Tall Ships(and other events) during the Summer, german sausage, food food food, and a few rides for the kids.

Looks like the IFSC one will not last much longer. Typical Dublin way.
    Two years ago I spent so much money on presents there. What has happened???

So did you get a large box of Daz powder and a 40 roll pack of Cushell Toilet Roll there???:pac::pac:

Oh and dont forget the 600 box of Lyons teabags too.:pac:

IFSC market is off my list so,like I said,saved us 3 bus fares in and 3 back out too.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

Belfast, by a mile. They have some really nice stalls this year. Pity it's at city hall besides the riots though..

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭PJ4

Hi,

Does anyone know if the Kilmainham Christmas market is running this year?
    We've been to the Docklands market and Dun Laoghaire market, are there any others in Dublin this year?

Advertisement