Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xero

Options
  • 09-12-2012 9:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭

Currently using MYOB for Mac for all my accounting. There's nothing wrong with it per say, but it could do with a serious upgrade.

I've seen Xero mentioned on here, and elsewhere. Was looking for any personal experiences with using it. Pros and cons.

Also, are there any features that won't work in Ireland? I know the online banking end of it doesn't work here, just wondering if theres anything else.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,364 ✭✭✭micosoft

Currently using MYOB for Mac for all my accounting. There's nothing wrong with it per say, but it could do with a serious upgrade.

I've seen Xero mentioned on here, and elsewhere. Was looking for any personal experiences with using it. Pros and cons.

Also, are there any features that won't work in Ireland? I know the online banking end of it doesn't work here, just wondering if theres anything else.

Using Xero for six months now. Still think it rocks. Banking works in Ireland with Ulster Bank - has one of the best reconciliation features I've seen. Very slick Apps and online invoicing is great.

The best thing about Xero and other online accounts packages is that you can try them out for free or very little money - I'd seriously recommend test driving a couple before you pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 GabbyJay

Automatically pulling from online banking doesn't work with AIB but you can manipulate the AIB CSV export using Excel or an online tool at http://xero.kro.ie/ and import the statement easily that way. I use it mostly just for invoicing but see no reason why Xero wouldn't work perfectly in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭2Shae

Xero is really great. Ive put it into a few of my clients business's and it really helped.
    The API is great too if you want to integrate all your systems together

Advertisement