Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Excess usage charges?

Options
  • 09-12-2012 9:36pm

I have 8mb broadband (God knows what the fancy NGB title for it is) with the "unlimited" allowance. In five years I have never exceeded my allowance however because of the time of year I expect to go over 250gb for December. A once off. I am wondering if I will be charged? If so is there a maximum fee?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭eircom: Linda

I have 8mb broadband (God knows what the fancy NGB title for it is) with the "unlimited" allowance. In five years I have never exceeded my allowance however because of the time of year I expect to go over 250gb for December. A once off. I am wondering if I will be charged? If so is there a maximum fee?

Hi VanZan

I can confirm that at the moment eircom do not charge any excess download charges on the NGB regular broadband package. Although eircom do reserve the right to charge as per the broadband terms and conditions - "to charge for exceeding the download allowance on a customers package". Effectively what that means is that a customer is free to exceed the download allowance without penalty. However be aware that a very small percentage of customers who are on NGB broadband packages who continually have extremely excessive usage will be sent out warning letters warning that the usage is to high and may be charged excess usage if the usage pattern continues.

Regards
    Linda

Advertisement