Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

one subject leaving cert for mature people?

Options
  • 09-12-2012 10:11pm

this may be a ridiculously stupid question, but

i am interested in history. i only managed one year in national school and got thrown out of history class at the beginning of 2nd year in secondary school.
    ( i grew up in england until i was 11years and my teacher in secondary school was an asshole!)

anyway, im in my 30's, have a good job which i wont be changing, but i would like to study something part time.
    im interested in history but to my huge embarrassment i know feck all about irish history.

is it possible for me to sit the leaving cert history paper?
    how do i go about this?

i would love to learn more and if succesful do some college course in history afterwards.

any information much appreciated

Comments

Try your local VEC. Good Luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭paperclip2

What part of the country are you in Bubblypop?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,184 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Anyone can sit any number of LC papers. You simply apply as an external student to the SEC.
    http://www.examinations.ie/index.php?l=en&mc=ca&sc=ec The online form isn't activated yet, but it will be there probably later this week.

Your local VEC will advise as to night classes if available. There is an essay assignment as part of the exam, so if you are not attending classes, you will need to make contact with a school and get a teacher to agree to sign off the relevant papers regarding your essay exam work.

Good luck.

Advertisement