Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wedgewood Sandyford

Options
  • 09-12-2012 10:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 45

I am looking at returning to Ireland and looking for place to live.

I am wondering if sandyford is a good option now with the luas.

Employment opportunities in sandyford itself and then also the luas gives you access to town as well ..between stillorgan , dundrum and sandyford itself and the mountains it seems you have some nice options.

The only disadvantage for me looks like you are not close to the sea.

How are the schools in sandyford area for primary and secondary ?

all wisdom welcome

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,585 ✭✭✭djemba djemba

I live in wedgewood, where I am is very quiet and i would be close to the laneways in the estate. A lot of young families around where i am too.

The luas into town is very handy although you get a lot of people parking in the estate before heading off on the luas.

For primary schools there is two either end of wedgewood. At the entrance to wedgewood is queen of angels. Small class numbers but would have its difficulties. St. Olafs is at the bottom of wedgewood. This is the biggest school in the area. Has a good reputation and has recently been extended has excellent facilities.

The other schools are a bit further away like gaelscoil thaobh na coille and st. Mary's.

Secondary schools for boys would be st. Benildus. For girls there is 2 nearby st Raphaels and Our lady's grove although it might be called Jesus and Mary college now I think. The mixed community school is called st. Tiernans

If you want to get to the sea, dun laoighaire and dalkey arent too far away. If you have access to a car the m50 and N11 would have you down in brittas bay within a hour or so for a beach.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 lechiennoir

Wedgewood is a rough area with an even rougher area right beside it. St. Benildus is just down the road and is a very good school, but the rest in the area are pretty terrible.

I wouldn't put my dog in St.Tiernan's.

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭annieoburns

That is a bit harsh! I lived there years ago and it was great location for getting other places even before luas and M50. You are within walking distance of rapid transit, private hospital, churches, scout den, a hotel, two shopping centres and an Aldi, a gym and all else the industrial estate has to offer. Another set of shortcuts on foot/bike a bit further would bring you to Dundrum or Ballinteer and all they have to offer. There are fine views to north and south to mountains. You could walk up to Three rock if you brave the traffic on approach roads for a truely spectacular view of city and surroundings.

Advertisement