Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gamer Pub Quiz

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,955 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

Oh, can do I do one now?

Only one Nintendo franchise has ever made an official appearance on a Sega console. What was the franchise, and what was the console?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,087 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Mario on the Dreamcast?

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭balkieb2002

Metroid on the Mega Drive?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭Monty - the one and only

now for something not so recent.....

In the which star trek pc game did "The Lawgiver's legendary Fifth Scroll" help prevent a war,

and where was this war ?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,560 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

bioware always made games, however its founders came up with the money for it from programming medical computer applications

If you read Wikipedia you can interpret that way but according to the founders themselves on Kat Baileys podcast they started with medical software, realised there was no market and moved into videogames.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

now for something not so recent.....

In the which star trek pc game did "The Lawgiver's legendary Fifth Scroll" help prevent a war,

and where was this war ?

That is a VERY specific audience your question is aimed at.
    Not only do they need to be computer game nerds...but a trekky also. *shudders* :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,491 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

live long and game

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,560 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Here's a nasty one:

What game did Sonic the Hedgehog first appear in.

Bonus points if you get the two games Sonic the Hedgehog appeared in before Sonic the Hedgehog on the Megadrive.

Metroid on the Mega Drive?
    Mario on the Dreamcast?

Lads, ye're not even trying.

The games were based on the franchise's popular anime.

Console itself was released in Europe in 1994, but found far more success in its native Japan, with developers still producing for it 'til 2005.

Pretty sure it was Pokemon on that weird Sega edutainment unit.

Edit: yep, the pico :)

• Advertisement

Yup, spot on. I might've overshot it a bit by calling'em games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,116 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Easy one:

What does Destiny Abhor?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Deano7788

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Here's a nasty one:

What game did Sonic the Hedgehog first appear in.

Bonus points if you get the two games Sonic the Hedgehog appeared in before Sonic the Hedgehog on the Megadrive.

Rad Mobile as an air freshener; not sure about the 2nd question.

Deano7788 wrote: »
    Rad Mobile as an air freshener; not sure about the 2nd question.

Spot on. He also appeared in the Sega Game Gear 4 in 1 pack in the tennis game as the umpire before the release of sonic 1.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,962 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Spot on. He also appeared in the Sega Game Gear 4 in 1 pack in the tennis game as the umpire before the release of sonic 1.

Sh*t, I thought of that but presumed it must have been after Sonic 1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,734 ✭✭✭Newaglish

If I went to this pub quiz I would ask for my money back

Newaglish wrote: »
    If I went to this pub quiz I would ask for my money back

It's a hardcore "pub" quiz alright :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,171 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

And like a pub quiz, I think you'd need a few drinks to jog the memory/make you think your answer is right.

SeantheMan wrote: »
    That is a VERY specific audience your question is aimed at.
    Not only do they need to be computer game nerds...but a trekky also. *shudders* :P

actually i know alot of non-trekkies that played that one... it was one of the few good ones.

actually i know alot of non-trekkies that played that one... it was one of the few good ones.

Only Star Trek game I played that I thought was quite good was Star Trek Voyager Elite Force but it doesn't sound like something from that game or else I don't remember it.

• Advertisement

Birth of a Federation?

nope and nope, older than both

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 301 ✭✭GarH

It wasn't TNG 'A Final Unity'?
    Only one I can think of thats pretty old (except TOS games in dos)

Edit: Think I still have the discs somewhere

Indeed it was, well done :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 757 ✭✭✭platinums

Welcome to otaku.
    I haven't managed to get one question so far. Maybe generalise a bit more. GarH your up with the next question.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,746 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

quick before someone asks another near impossible general gaming knowledge question!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,116 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Easy one:

What does Destiny Abhor?

Quoting myself, but Degrassinoel said ask a question!

quick before someone asks near impossible general gaming knowledge question!

I'll be quite for a while, before I get tempted to go for some old c64 gaming titles questions :eek:

how many consoles is Retrogamers bed made of?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 301 ✭✭GarH

platinums wrote: »
    Welcome to otaku.
    I haven't managed to get one question so far. Maybe generalise a bit more. GarH your up with the next question.

S**t.
    Sorry didn't realise I had to post a question.

Ok then.
    Which legendary C64 music composer has a famous Irish musician uncle?

Probably too easy for here.

Advertisement