Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good wireless router

Options
  • 09-12-2012 11:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭

Hey all can anyone recommend a good router, by good I mean good range, spped etc.

What I want it for is online gaming and streaming HD.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭FSL

Online gaming, streaming HD and wireless are mutually exclusive.

If you want a solid connection then use cable.

Wireless is great for convenience and casual browsing but not for serious data transfer, there are two many sources of RF interference.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭keano25

FSL wrote: »
    Online gaming, streaming HD and wireless are mutually exclusive.

If you want a solid connection then use cable.

Wireless is great for convenience and casual browsing but not for serious data transfer, there are two many sources of RF interference.

Well can you recommend a good one for the above?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭FSL

Not really if you look in the threads people have recommended just about every router (Belkin apart). I have a Netgear WGR614 v5 I've had for years. But my nearest neighbour is a couple of hundred metres away and I have no other wireless devices apart from a dect phone.

Even so if I want to download say an iso for an os to a laptop I would connect it directly to the router.

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭Voodoo2

Ive had good results with D-Link - But apart from Belkin - D-Link, Linksys, Netgear all the top brands are pretty decent!

Advertisement