Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What to do with faulty Xperia Play?

• 09-12-2012 11:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭

My xperia play has been experience ghost touches for months now. When using the phone it will act like I'm making touches on the middle of the screen when I'm not. This comes and goes so sometimes it's perfect. When it happens turning the screen on and off fixes it temporarily.
    I have tried resetting the software and changing roms which has not helped.
    It's a hardware issue

I've decided to change phone so will be selling it. Everything else on it works perfectly.
    Do I just sell it as faulty and get next to nothing for it or do I try to get it fixed then sell it?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Kev.

tuxy wrote: »
    Do I just sell it as faulty and get next to nothing for it or do I try to get it fixed then sell it?

You'd have to check out how much it costs to get fixed to make a decision.

Until then youll never know if it'll be worth it,you could always keep it as a backup for going out on the drink etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Well I already have a backup. I just checked and the play is covered by a 1 year warranty and 2 year limited warranty. I have unlocked the boot loader using the code from the official Sony site. I hope this does not cause any problems.
    I need to read up on this some more and get in contact with them.

Advertisement