Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So how was the Christmas Bonanza?

Options
  • 09-12-2012 11:54pm

Hey all,

Have only seen a bit of the goings-on, but I just thought I'd throw up a thread and see what the general perception of the Drogheda Christmas Bonanza Festival was.

Today I was at the Coca Cola truck and the Fireworks display (both interesting enough events for me, but I was photographing at both so somewhat involved and occupied throughout each).

Was wondering if anyone had attended the different bits and pieces at all? Surprised there's no thread on this already to be honest.

Fireworks display alone makes it a winner for me. I still don't really care for the use of the word 'Festival' as I do think there could/should be a lot more done over the few days, but definitely the best 'festival' on the Drogheda calendar, anyway, in my opinion.

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Ah, is that what I could hear earlier? The fireworks? Was wondering if the town was under attack :P

Was this the event they held last year and forgot to check if the shops were staying open? Did it fare any better this year?

Not 100% sure, but I do know the girl on the PA system said a few Scotch Hall shops were staying open, alright.

I'm not sure if m/any on the town itself (West st. and the likes) bothered to stay open or not. Would be curious to know how many of the people went to West St. after the fireworks. I imagine it'd be a minority..?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Obviously a huge success so!:p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,974 ✭✭✭gipi

I forgot all about it - heard the fireworks and wondered what all the noise was about!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭andrew1977

I took a walk over west street around 5 yesterday evening, didnt notice any hype or extra crowds and seen a couple of the shops locking up early.

Went down to scotch hall area which did seem busier, but the crowd listening to the band playing along the walk way was poor to say the least.

I left before the fireworks and the crowd seemed to get bigger with families leaving it to the last minute to bring the kids out for the fireworks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭Rossin

the fireworks were brill, went to a lil christmas market in the old church in front of the Laurence shopping center. we were too late to get in to the highlanes gallery

Advertisement