Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gael Lords' Wasteland

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭Damo 2k9

Found it :) In game name Paulie , on with someone called lynx now

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

Damo 2k9 wrote: »
    Found it :) In game name Paulie , on with someone called lynx now

Join the Teamspeak 3 server.
    Host: gaellords.com
    No password.

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭platinums

hallo gaelords, ive been eager to play this ever since seeing that video of Ktulu basicly being Rambo on a wasteland video, dropping opfors left right and centre amidst a sh!tstorm, it was an epic vid.

waiting on a new computer.. not long now.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

haha thanks! Come join the fun when you get your beast all set up

• Registered Users Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭Damo 2k9

Was playing on it there a few minutes ago, was only on for a while and not really much happened but I know already I prefer it to day z, we were setting up our base and I didn't really know what I was doing but out of nowhere grenades started going off, then shots and all I could see was the tracers flying over my head :) can't wait to hop on and play properly later on!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,714 ✭✭✭dan_ep82

Played this for a bit the other day,was good fun.

The only downside I found was the friendly markers sometimes not showing. A guy ran out from behind a barn the other night with no red dot (guy in the jeep with me had one) so I shot him with the mounted gun. Apologized straight away and then the other guy got out and shot me in the back. Kind of killed the mood of capturing the gear.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

The markers seem to be a bug with wasteland in general at the moment. Just join independents & you can shoot everyone :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

Strange thing(s) I found today on the server. Was at a certain location and saw a grey dot in the distance, once I reached it I found 3 vehicles, all United Nations (UN) marked and white coloured. 1 APC, 1 Light Tank and 1 Chopper. Couldn't enter them though and would kick you out if you did.

Thought was strange as they didn't seem to be outside the 'borderzone' where it then becomes debugland. I could see the border but these were inside the map but they are still far away from the civilised part of the map.

Would these be introduced at some point would you think? Just thought was very random thing to find.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Sound of Silence

They're the Admin vehicles.

I can't recall what they're used for.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

So whats the story with this server? Does everyone just teamkill constantly ?

Killed about 5 times in the space of an hour. 3 of them were team kills.

Ran up to a few teammates and was shot ...

There also seemed to be a few people on opposite teams working together. ( djurke, manlee i think were their names). I was hunted in Cherno by these guys, one on my team leading the other to me for the kill)...

Is the dayz mentality of kill anyone not in mumble still happening ?
    dan_ep82 wrote: »
    Played this for a bit the other day,was good fun.

The only downside I found was the friendly markers sometimes not showing. A guy ran out from behind a barn the other night with no red dot (guy in the jeep with me had one) so I shot him with the mounted gun. Apologized straight away and then the other guy got out and shot me in the back. Kind of killed the mood of capturing the gear.

Happened me to, lad was driving around on an ATV, shot him and he went nuts and quit lol...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Sound of Silence

Korvanica wrote: »

What team were you on exactly?

Whilst independent kills will come up as "friendly fire", it's usually understood that independents tend to kill anybody and everybody.

If not, then notify the admins if you see a persistent teamkiller in OPFOR or BLUFOR.

They're the Admin vehicles.

I can't recall what they're used for.

Ahh ok. So if sh!t goes down badly the admins man the vehicles and roll in :)

Shame though as thought I found something no one else really knew and could get the vehicles easily then when entering the server. No biggie though.

Was gas trying to kill some of you at Cap Golova last night, I was in the black chopper trying to shoot some missles down. First time using it and lock on system seems a bit awkward to use at first.

We also severely demolished a base North East of the NE Airfield, OPFOR base I think. We had one BTR and two Avengers.
    Korvanica wrote:

Killed about 5 times in the space of an hour. 3 of them were team kills.

Ran up to a few teammates and was shot ...

Yeah if you happen to be independent and have no mates to team up with you'll find you'll be shot at on sight. You'd be surprised how tenacious some players can be. I had an avenger and me and a mate were just finished getting a supply drop. As we were driving away we were getting shot at, turn around and see a guy in the distance running towards us and shooting. Use the Avengers gun to kill him and find out he has a pistol. Big balls to take on an Avenger with just a G17 :D

Yeah if you happen to be independent and have no mates to team up with you'll find you'll be shot at on sight. You'd be surprised how tenacious some players can be. I had an avenger and me and a mate were just finished getting a supply drop. As we were driving away we were getting shot at, turn around and see a guy in the distance running towards us and shooting. Use the Avengers gun to kill him and find out he has a pistol. Big balls to take on an Avenger with just a G17 :D

Aye, I was on BLUFOR though :P ah well.. **** happens .. :D

In fairness, you've nothing to lose if you've only a G17, so the possible payoff is pretty high if you do land a 1 in a million shot ...

Well if you were on BLUFOR then that shouldn't happen. Report them to the admins the next time it happens

Ah yea will do in future ..
    Whilst independent kills will come up as "friendly fire", it's usually understood that independents tend to kill anybody and everybody..

So if an ind kills me (BLUFOR) it'll appear as "Friendly Fire" ?
    Does the same appear when I (BLUFOR) kill an independent ?

Or have I mixed this all up or something ?

EDIT: you probably thought I was on Independent ? now i get ye.

• Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭-Vega-

Loving the server, however really not feeling the length of the night time. I log in at 8am and its night time so server is dead, log in 11am.. still night time and server is dead. Can ye consider shortening it ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭MajesticDonkey

Friendly Fire only appears if you kill someone (or vice versa) on your own team, be it independent, blufor or opfor. Blufor and Opfor can punish TKers after being killed, and three punishes will result in the person being switched to independent. The problem is with people driving over people with vehicles - the system doesn't pick up that it was a teamkill. If there is someone griefing in any way, such as TKing, driving over people, destroying vehicles in the base etc, let us know and he'll be banned :)
    -Vega- wrote: »
    Loving the server, however really not feeling the length of the night time. I log in at 8am and its night time so server is dead, log in 11am.. still night time and server is dead. Can ye consider shortening it ?
    The night/day cycle seems a bit buggy TBH. For some people it's completely client-based - in that, when you join the game it starts at 8AM and the day goes on as you play - but for others it's based on server time. Not really sure why, but will take a look.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭Laviski

we no longer kick ppl for tkin due to the fact mistakes do happen, marker dont show and the fact ppl qq too much.. there is a punish script that u can u use. however i will ban anyone that does excessive greifplay (driving over teammates. blowin up vehicles etc). we have 10 admins and we not on the server 24/7 if something happens report it on our forums. ppl can complain about x y z but if not reported it will not be looked into. we have 3 servers to manage if you need an admin join our PUBLIC ts3 server.
    i would also encorage everyone that plays on blufor/opfor to join the ts3 server for better commication which may result in less tk ...

-Vega- wrote: »

simple reason the server was restarted at 20:00 on sunday 7th and wasnt restarted since.

restarts have to be done manually atm there is abug that doesnt allow bec to work properly thus not allowin auto restarts. first restart of the day is generaly around 11am after that server gets another restart about 8pm depending on need.

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭kwalsh000

i am having trouble logging into your website but was just banned for apparently killing an admin in gugolav (sp) just after someone shot down my helicopter ( i did kill someone earlier about 5 mins before i was kicked, just down the road but was not in gugolav and i was being shot at hence the killing). Can anyone clarify this?

• Advertisement

website is just under maintenance atm should be back up in 10-15mins.
    when its back up post specifics. name of your char time date etc more info the more we can help. also post exactly the msg you get when joining the server it should have a tag to id the admin involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

kwalsh000 wrote: »
    i am having trouble logging into your website but was just banned for apparently killing an admin in gugolav (sp) just after someone shot down my helicopter ( i did kill someone earlier about 5 mins before i was kicked, just down the road but was not in gugolav and i was being shot at hence the killing). Can anyone clarify this?

I landed a Huey in the gun store at Guglovo waiting for a friend. You passed over then came back and let off a rocket, killing a 3rd party who was trying to get in.
    Only the pilot's name pops up when a kill is made from a vehicle so I had to make sure it was you. That was the delay between your shot and the ban.

Your ban expires in a week, it should be permanent.

I was getting shot at from that general direction, I thought it was coming from that direction so fired back(didnt even realise that was gugolav from in game as I dont normally go there). Sorry bout that but sure leave the ban, il find a diff server.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭MajesticDonkey

kwalsh000 wrote: »
    I was getting shot at from that general direction, I thought it was coming from that direction so fired back(didnt even realise that was gugolav from in game as I dont normally go there). Sorry bout that but sure leave the ban, il find a diff server.
    LOL tantrum much? If someone shoots at you from the gunstore you report it. Don't shoot back.

with what i put around the gun store its make it kinda obvious summuts diff about that particular area - big huge walls with only 3 entrances. and should be noticeable from the air.....

No tantrum lad (never moaned in game either) I didn't even realize it was gugolav gun store (as i said I don't normally go that far in and i wasn't keeping an eye on the map so its my fault for not double checking before shooting) hence the reason I made the post to ask. So, I've received an answer and have left it at that. No tantrum just a genuine question.

Had a ball on the server last night!

Its a brilliant server lads fair play... had deadly craic helping build a base & scouting for materials etc. Everyone I ran into last night was dead sound and helpful.

Will defo be on more often !

Had a ball on the server last night!

Its a brilliant server lads fair play... had deadly craic helping build a base & scouting for materials etc. Everyone I ran into last night was dead sound and helpful.

Will defo be on more often !

well dont be shy and jump on the ts3server.more ppl start using the better and bigger the fights!

Laviski wrote: »
    well dont be shy and jump on the ts3server.more ppl start using the better and bigger the fights!

will jump on next time i'm on the server sure

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

So i thought id try out wasteland, updated arma and tried to join some servers but getting "please wait for player to setup" message on most servers others im just getting auto kicked before i get to log in.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement