Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gael Lords' Wasteland

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭MajesticDonkey

Dcully wrote: »
    So i thought id try out wasteland, updated arma and tried to join some servers but getting "please wait for player to setup" message on most servers others im just getting auto kicked before i get to log in.
    Did you try the GaelLords server? If so, can you post your player name and approx time you tried to join...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

No havent tried it, however ive fixed the problem by copy/paste arma 2 folder in combined ops .

Now to learn how to play.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Nutmeg

Hey all!

Played Wasteland for the first time yesterday and naturally I was drawn to the Irish server when I was viewing the list of Wasteland servers. I have to say this mission script is absolutely brilliant and so addictive. I was just playing with some random guys on the server and I was pleasantly surprised at how well the team worked together and how quickly everyone came together to build a base and then defend it. Some of the best gaming teamwork I've experienced for a long time!

Watching Ktulu123's awesome videos also make me look forward to maybe teaming up with some Boardsies in the near future. Those gameplay vids were epic!

Anyway, I'll probably be very active on the server for the foreseeable future as I learn more about it and get hooked even more. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭platinums

Jesus, server full again, very popular!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

New Video:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,204 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Its feckin hard to get a slot on this server in the evenings!

Yes it is :) Thankfully its one of the most popular servers

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

MadYaker wrote: »
    Its feckin hard to get a slot on this server in the evenings!

That's the handy thing about the 8pm Restart. If you're looking to get online, try around then. :D

I don't seem to be receiving my activation email for my account on gaellords.com. I've sent it a few times and it isn't appearing, not even in my spambox.

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭_vti

You should be good to go, Korvanica

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

So i thought id try out wasteland, updated arma and tried to join some servers but getting "please wait for player to setup" message on most servers others im just getting auto kicked before i get to log in.

Did you rename the original Arma2OA executible and copy over the Arma2OA executible from the beta folder into the main folder?

• Advertisement

Did you rename the original Arma2OA executible and copy over the Arma2OA executible from the beta folder into the main folder?

I got that issue sorted mate see above.

However i now have a new one.

I redownloaded arma2 and armaOA on steam after the backup feature didnt work and i wanted to install onto my new SSD.

Everything is downloaded now,armaOA is patched via dayz commander but when i try to join a wasteland server i get and error along the lines of
    "you cannot play this mission it is dependent on downloadable content that has been deleted.chernarus, caweapons_amweapons blah blah blah "

nevermind got it sorted!

New video of some fun yesterday:

Those big black armoured SUVs are feckin tough. I shot one 19 times with an M107 earlier on an american server and it was still going.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭MajesticDonkey

MadYaker wrote: »
    Those big black armoured SUVs are feckin tough. I shot one 19 times with an M107 earlier on an american server and it was still going.
    That's not normal TBH.

Yeah even the armoured one would explode with that amount of fire

Thats what I was thinking. I wasn't missing because with each hit I could see the burst sparks on impact. I was the only person shooting at it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,106 ✭✭✭SpannerMonkey

where da fook was everyone gone last night so early i logged on around 12 and there was only 4 people on it , normally it would be 10 times that :confused:

where da fook was everyone gone last night so early i logged on around 12 and there was only 4 people on it , normally it would be 10 times that :confused:

i noticed that too. got bored of ****ing around so i logged to play the **** out of rocksmith :D

I was playing on blufor on an american server earlier today and we got our hands on one of the really big tanks. I was gunner and the cannon has 2 different types of shells and it zeros to 2000 metres. Now, as far as I could tell my game doesn't render stuff more than 1000m away. Is it possible to turn this setting up? I couldn't find it in settings but I didn't have much time to look because the other guys in the tank kept telling me to shoot at stuff. It was a lot of fun. We demolished a fairly large base, multiple bunkers and tons of vehicles, built the opfor guys in less than a minute. I think I got a few screenshots but I need to get fraps to record this stuff.

In your player menu there should be a few options for draw distance. There is on our server anyway

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,106 ✭✭✭SpannerMonkey

if you press the console button (left of number 1, above TAB) you can set the distance to near/ medium/ far or insane . i can seet 7-8000 meters away on insane , even got my longest sniper kill of 1600M:D ,otherwise the standard distance is around 1000

This mod is just fantastic, cant get enough of it.

got my longest sniper kill of 1600M:D

*cough* 2000M *cough* :P

i can seet 7-8000 meters away on insane , even got my longest sniper kill of 1600M:D

lol that lad probably hadn't a clue what killed him. Was he screaming HACKER HACKER!! that seems to be the stock response in this game when people aren't sure how they died.

Anyone that looks on this thread & joins the server now. There are multiple attack choppers on the server. One of them might be on the coast near black lake....

Bloody hackers :(

Yeah hackers kind of ruined part of tonight. It's the price we have to pay for the server being so popular. Although I did really like that Nuclear Bomb script he ran. Were looking into incorporating that into the server. :)

Also, I've a new Quick Clips video in the works. Including crazy helicopter attack's from tonight, the biker boyz, A squad wipe ribbon & more :)

Just wondering how you guys know you have been killed by hackers?

I dunno i just find arma very hard to spot if you have been killed by hackers.
    I ran many server for years with various fps games and i learned to spot them pretty easily but in arma there are so many directions you could be killed from, how exactly can you put it down to hackers?
    I mean ive sniped guys over 1.5k away without them even seeing me or knowing where it came from, we all have and died like this, do they just assume im hacking?

I dont dispute your claims guys but im so sick of every server of every fps with chat full of you hacker this that and the other.

Just wondering how you guys know you have been killed by hackers?

I dunno i just find arma very hard to spot if you have been killed by hackers.
    I ran many server for years with various fps games and i learned to spot them pretty easily but in arma there are so many directions you could be killed from, how exactly can you put it down to hackers?
    I mean ive sniped guys over 1.5k away without them even seeing me or knowing where it came from, we all have and died like this, do they just assume im hacking?

I dont dispute your claims guys but im so sick of every server of every fps with chat full of you hacker this that and the other.

Your average person wouldnt know for sure but there have been some really questionable shots that made me keep an eye on the guy.

A lot of the time its just lag/desync but other times you'll see the guy teleporting around with an AS50 or something...pathetic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

Fear| X CrAZy spamming global with music etc

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement