Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gael Lords' Wasteland

Options
1235»

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

_vti wrote: »
    Your average person wouldnt know for sure but there have been some really questionable shots that made me keep an eye on the guy.

A lot of the time its just lag/desync but other times you'll see the guy teleporting around with an AS50 or something...pathetic.

Well yeah ofcourse teleporting is a different kettle of fish altogether.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭Laviski

Korvanica wrote: »
    Fear| X CrAZy spamming global with music etc

banned

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

One of the hackers on yesterday did this:

I know what you mean about fps games & hacking accusations. There are so many hacking accusations thrown around the server every day. We ignore most of them, but we've gotten pretty good at picking up suspicious activity.

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭_vti

Dcully wrote: »
    Well yeah ofcourse teleporting is a different kettle of fish altogether.

What Im saying is if they use one hack, they are going to use several other different hacks too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭MajesticDonkey

Dcully wrote: »
    I dunno i just find arma very hard to spot if you have been killed by hackers.
    I ran many server for years with various fps games and i learned to spot them pretty easily but in arma there are so many directions you could be killed from, how exactly can you put it down to hackers?
    I mean ive sniped guys over 1.5k away without them even seeing me or knowing where it came from, we all have and died like this, do they just assume im hacking?

I dont dispute your claims guys but im so sick of every server of every fps with chat full of you hacker this that and the other.
    Basically, no hacker in the world is going to pull off a 1.5k shot with a sniper rifle. I've never seen an aimbot in Arma, not even sure if it exists. Most hackers are completely useless at the game, which is why they hack. This is how we tell they are hackers.

My guess would be that 60-70% of all Arma 2 players use some sort of hack, even simple things like spawning themselves weapons. There's also a fair bit of psychology involved. Most of the time if someone hacks on the server (i.e. teleports everyone and kills them), it's usually the people that say "noob h4x0rs" or "fcukin hackers" that actually are the hackers. There was a guy on last night who said in chat he was just after finding himself an Apache (which we spawned, as choppers weren't spawning properly). Then the server got hacked. He announced in chat "fcuking hackers I was just after finding an Apache". After I restarted it, I decided to watch him. He continued to give out about hackers and then spawned himself an LAV from mid air, along with a KSVK sniper rifle.

Many times I have sat in a tree somewhere and watched players for well over 30 minutes - one particular time a guy was spawning bots for himself at Devil's Castle, which meant there were about 20 lads running around up there. Then we realised that there were 4 other lads with him, but there were also 4 admins online at the time, so every one of them got banned at the same time to avoid any "revenge".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

Many times I have sat in a tree somewhere and watched players for well over 30 minutes - one particular time a guy was spawning bots for himself at Devil's Castle, which meant there were about 20 lads running around up there. Then we realised that there were 4 other lads with him, but there were also 4 admins online at the time, so every one of them got banned at the same time to avoid any "revenge".

I admire your patience to do this. Id be blowing their heads off after 5 minutes with my admin sniper rifle...:D

I admire your patience to do this. Id be blowing their heads off after 5 minutes with my admin sniper rifle...:D
    It can be annoying, but you've no idea how much satisfaction there is in watching someone for that long and then seeing them hack :D

You see, if someone says "xyz is hacking", one of us will usually watch them for a few minutes, but usually the person won't do anything suspicious for a while after they're called out - but then they think they're free, do something and then I pounce :D

Thats also a pretty good tactic we use. One of us will go kill him while someone is watching them. Pays off pretty well sometimes.

A guy was mortaring us once & seemed like he had more ammo than spawns with it. Got one of the lads to snipe him & I watched him teleport to a position beside us.

Majestic is right, its very satisfying when a guy you suspect of hacking does actually do something.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Sound of Silence

You were sitting in a tree?

HACKER!!!!11

• Registered Users Posts: 12,204 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

So if some guy is spawning himself weapons or vehicles or teleporting on the server do the admins have any way of knowing if they don't see him do it or they don't see him do anything suspicious?

• Advertisement

MadYaker wrote: »
    So if some guy is spawning himself weapons or vehicles or teleporting on the server do the admins have any way of knowing if they don't see him do it or they don't see him do anything suspicious?
    No, we don't have any way of knowing. The only time we listen to people in chat if they say there's a hacker on is: a) if it's someone we know on the server (like a regular, or a boardsie) or b) if enough people say it at the same time.

No not really, we do have a list of hacked vehicles. That sometimes helps, but other than that no. Thats the problem, we get dogs abuse any time a hacker comes on & wrecks the server. These kids that moan at us need to understand that there is no way of us monitoring 80 players on the server. That's what Battleye is meant to do. But thats a piece of ****e. Some guys just think were doing absolutely nothing when a hacker comes on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭Funglegunk

Two persistent teamkillers in the server right now, how I do I notify an admin? Have been asking constantly in global. EDIT: Sorted now, thanks Lavinski!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

ktulu123 wrote: »
    No not really, we do have a list of hacked vehicles. That sometimes helps, but other than that no. Thats the problem, we get dogs abuse any time a hacker comes on & wrecks the server. These kids that moan at us need to understand that there is no way of us monitoring 80 players on the server. That's what Battleye is meant to do. But thats a piece of ****e. Some guys just think were doing absolutely nothing when a hacker comes on.

Just check the logs OMG :D;):D;):rolleyes::):P:P:P:pac::D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Sound of Silence

Just check the logs OMG :D;):D;):rolleyes::):P:P:P:pac::D

Having never looked at the logs, this is the only image it ever conjures for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭Laviski

please continue this topic in our new official post with everything gaellords.com is offering to the people!

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056859652

Can a mod lock this thread now pls

• Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭-Vega-

Hey guys, just a few questions on helicopter spawns.

1) Where are the spawn locations that we known of?

2) How often do they spawn?

3) Do they come with fuel/ammo already?

4) Best way to refuel them if you are solo?

5) If you wanted to get a heli.. what is the easiest/most successful way to get one? Thanks

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement