Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why would Dara Callery get involved in this stupidity?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,024 ✭✭✭Cosmo Kramer

The strange thing for me is that after reading the headline, but before I read the article, I had guessed it might well involve Calleary. Very poor form from him once again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭Daisy M

I wouldnt have thought he would have been such an ass to be honest, not to mention that there were 4 other asses involved! We obviously don't have much to choose from if these are the type of people voted in to represent our areas.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,493 ✭✭✭irishgeo

this is the same daragh preaching on mwr every week that all work done on the bills brought forward to the dail by this goverment , was somehow started by him and FF.

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭Ilovelucy

Mattie McGrath is taking it in good spirit. Don't see it as a big deal myself.

Ilovelucy wrote: »
    Mattie McGrath is taking it in good spirit. Don't see it as a big deal myself.

Of course he is pretending to be a good sport and able to laugh at himself. Not a big deal in the greater scheme of the huge mess left behing by Fianna Fail, but certainly not funny for the family in question and makes Dara look immature, not a good look for any Td.

• Advertisement

Daisy M wrote: »
    Of course he is pretending to be a good sport and able to laugh at himself. Not a big deal in the greater scheme of the huge mess left behing by Fianna Fail, but certainly not funny for the family in question and makes Dara look immature, not a good look for any Td.

be nicer if actually took a stand and went to join in the protest rather than mock the td who did.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,524 ✭✭✭finisklin

This doesn't help his clean cut image that he has diligently cultivated and I wonder what his constituents in Bonniconlon will make of him fraternising with the inimy blue shirts n stickies. :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

finisklin wrote: »
    This doesn't help his clean cut image that he has diligently cultivated and I wonder what his constituents in Bonniconlon will make of him fraternising with the inimy blue shirts n stickies. :rolleyes:

We have to remember that these guys are all one, they put on a show but then retire, as they did that night, to the tax paid sponsored bar for a few scoops.
    Isn't it wonderful how they have the time and no care in the world the night before the budget.

Dirty bunch of weasels.

Next general election these guy will be given 10 seconds to get the fk off my property before they meet the head of my shotgun that I will be buying to protect my house and family.

Looks like DC wasn't involved at all :rolleyes:

From here

• Registered Users Posts: 1,833 ✭✭✭intellectual dosser

A prank in good spirit? You must be joking. There is nothing at all funny about this.

I think its high time we started demanding a better standard off our politicians. On the brink of one of the worst austerity budget these guys are playing jokes on a colleague and people trying to buy some time to put themselves back together.

We should be expecting resignations for things like this, instead it will all be forgotten in a week and those TDs can be back to doing nothing to help anyone but themselves.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,769 ✭✭✭nuac

Glad to hear that D Calleary not involved.

Following the sad death of the nurse in London, these prank calls are not the flavour of the month

From here

If thats the case then he should be asking for an apology from the paper, I wonder why he apparently has not?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

nuac wrote: »
    Glad to hear that D Calleary not involved.

Following the sad death of the nurse in London, these prank calls are not the flavour of the month

Seems none of them were involved..... I wouldn't believe 1/2 of it to be honest, they are worse than school kids, pulling the "prank" and then not owning up.

Maybe the old flour and egg prank will greet Mr Bean when he visits next election. See how funny that will be :D

From here

I honestly don't know whether to believe that or not. As stated above, why isn't he up in arms about his name being dragged through the mud if he isn't involved. The bottom line is that I just don't trust this man and am unhappy that he continues to represent the county.

he was on MWR this morning saying the TD who did it was in his company and then left to make the prank call and the returned to his company.

just the worst excuse ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,030 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

Wouldn't trust a word that came out of DC's mouth.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,894 ✭✭✭yosser hughes

What kind of person joins the Fianna Faíl party? What do they see in the party that says to them 'that's the party for me'.
    I would question the character of anyone that votes for or joins a political party with a track record of corruption,incompetence and deceit.
    This guys latest excuse is pitiful. It's up there with "I won it on the horses" by a leader he was happy to serve under.

What kind of person joins the Fianna Faíl party? What do they see in the party that says to them 'that's the party for me'.
    I would question the character of anyone that votes for or joins a political party with a track record of corruption,incompetence and deceit.
    This guys latest excuse is pitiful. It's up there with "I won it on the horses" by a leader he was happy to serve under.

You can add FG and Labour to this now also. Just a route to a big salary and big pension from what I can see, as they are all bells before they get in and then you barely hear from them when elected.

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭mayotom

ha ha

From here

what an idiot. can't even man up to it :pac:

mayotom wrote: »
    ha ha

what an idiot. can't even man up to it :pac:

No politician mans up to anything, they all duck and dive and call favors to avoid *insert choice of word here e.g VAT, use of mobile, undeclared interest, expenses etc*

Their a crowd of gangsters the lot of them, as for yesterdays mess with Labour, nothing but local politics that, his seat was under threat as a labour TD, not he is trying to rescue it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,903 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

yop wrote: »
    No politician mans up to anything, they all duck and dive and call favors to avoid *insert choice of word here e.g VAT, use of mobile, undeclared interest, expenses etc*

Their a crowd of gangsters the lot of them, as for yesterdays mess with Labour, nothing but local politics that, his seat was under threat as a labour TD, not he is trying to rescue it.

well it seems he cant win with people like you who cant or wont develop any political narrative themselves but lump them all in together...."They're all the same etc etc" And yet you seem to take pride in this belief?

• Registered Users Posts: 836 ✭✭✭uberalles

Can't take any of them seriously til their wages drop to international norms.

I don't buy into this lumping them all together approach at all. There are good politicians and bad politicians.

The problem here is that Dara is one of the bad ones.

well it seems he cant win with people like you who cant or wont develop any political narrative themselves but lump them all in together...."They're all the same etc etc" And yet you seem to take pride in this belief?

Take pride.... right... not sure where your pulling that one from but that isn't the case. I take no pride in politicians lapping it up and pulling the pi** with phonecalls like this when one of the harshest budgets we have seen is about to be dished out.

Name me one politician who stood up to turn some of the budgetary decisions and weren't a bunch of lap dogs? Michael ring would have been bleating on MWR there for the last week if he wasn't now setup for life.

We listened to them during the election run up promising they would do this and do that and not take from the vulnerable, yet they have done it.

He can't win because it was a cloaked decision what he pulled yesterday and thats far from just been my narrative on this.

Let's replay some of the recent narratives across the political divide....
    1. Labour's it's Frankfurts way or the high way - Gilmore quickly back tracked on this once he got into power & when Inda was wooing Angela. Troika calling shots a la property tax, tidying up repossession legislation on behalf of banks.
    2. FF mismanagement of the economy and the night of the bank guarantee. Plus let's not forget Dermot Ahearn & co saying that we didn't need a bail out while at the same time the Germans were in the department of Finance negotiating the terms.
    3. The Croke Park deal created by FF and maintained by FG & Lab with the implicit aim of protecting the gilded public/civil service.
    4. Inda's commitment to do away with the Seanad, constitutional reform and nepotism all light years away.
    Maybe I have misinterpreted events and am open to correction.....:rolleyes:

Methinks not.

Take pride.... right... not sure where your pulling that one from but that isn't the case. I take no pride in politicians lapping it up and pulling the pi** with phonecalls like this when one of the harshest budgets we have seen is about to be dished out.

i meant pride in your own highly developed sophisticated political analysis
    Name me one politician who stood up to turn some of the budgetary decisions and weren't a bunch of lap dogs? Michael ring would have been bleating on MWR there for the last week if he wasn't now setup for life.

Dozens of them did if you were paying attention though i assume you mean govt TD's? If so what about Keaveny? But when he does it its for his own electoral benefit isnt it? Cant win with the likes of you.
    We listened to them during the election run up promising they would do this and do that and not take from the vulnerable, yet they have done it.

He can't win because it was a cloaked decision what he pulled yesterday and thats far from just been my narrative on this.

which promises are you on about? You dont half generalise

Let's replay some of the recent narratives across the political divide....
    1. Labour's it's Frankfurts way or the high way - Gilmore quickly back tracked on this once he got into power & when Inda was wooing Angela. Troika calling shots a la property tax, tidying up repossession legislation on behalf of banks.
    2. FF mismanagement of the economy and the night of the bank guarantee. Plus let's not forget Dermot Ahearn & co saying that we didn't need a bail out while at the same time the Germans were in the department of Finance negotiating the terms.
    3. The Croke Park deal created by FF and maintained by FG & Lab with the implicit aim of protecting the gilded public/civil service.
    4. Inda's commitment to do away with the Seanad, constitutional reform and nepotism all light years away.
    Maybe I have misinterpreted events and am open to correction.....:rolleyes:

Methinks not.

I am not defending those parties for one minute but lumping all politicians in together is childish and displays a fair bit of ignorance imo

• Registered Users Posts: 8,104 ✭✭✭Oldtree

I am not defending those parties for one minute but lumping all politicians in together is childish and displays a fair bit of ignorance imo

Can you point us to the shineing upstanding lights that you feel are a good example to the citizens of this fair isle? If your list is just a small minority then "lumping" seems to be fair general comment.

That was the point I was making...they are all the same and inconsistent in what they say, do and me fein approach.

I have substantiated this through the facts provided and don't see any childishness or ignorance in my reasoning.

I particularly like this youtube clip and probably off topic somewhat but I have to agree with Pat Rabbitte.

• Advertisement

i meant pride in your own highly developed sophisticated political analysis

Dozens of them did if you were paying attention though i assume you mean govt TD's? If so what about Keaveny? But when he does it its for his own electoral benefit isnt it? Cant win with the likes of you.

which promises are you on about? You dont half generalise

Wow but you are one blinkered person, read what others are saying on here and many other of the other media and forums.

What promises!! Were you on holidays during the election by any chance?

Advertisement