Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why would Dara Callery get involved in this stupidity?

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Oldtree wrote: »
    Can you point us to the shineing upstanding lights that you feel are a good example to the citizens of this fair isle? If your list is just a small minority then "lumping" seems to be fair general comment.

You won't get an answer to that, Keavney for 1 isn't a shining light as per the poster said, ever man and his dog can see the tactic behind it.

Defending the indefensible. It must be lonely out in in them woods.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,903 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

yop wrote: »
    Wow but you are one blinkered person, read what others are saying on here and many other of the other media and forums.

What promises!! Were you on holidays during the election by any chance?

me blinkered? You dont do irony obviously. What have peoples opinions on here got to do with it? And im just wondering what promises in particular that havent been fulfilled that get to you?

So there over 120 members of the oireachtas and i dunno, probably over 1,000 councillors around the country and they all share the same ideology of space? and are each and everyone of them all in it for themselves. Whats your political belief system then? Surely there is some party or individual out there that would be of similar views?

You won't get an answer to that, Keavney for 1 isn't a shining light as per the poster said, ever man and his dog can see the tactic behind it.

Defending the indefensible. It must be lonely out in in them woods.

Are you referring to me? Cos i certainly never said anything of the kind.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

me blinkered? You dont do irony obviously. What have peoples opinions on here got to do with it? And im just wondering what promises in particular that havent been fulfilled that get to you?

So there over 120 members of the oireachtas and i dunno, probably over 1,000 councillors around the country and they all share the same ideology of space? and are each and everyone of them all in it for themselves. Whats your political belief system then? Surely there is some party or individual out there that would be of similar views?

If you google FG broken promises then the first one there was from FF, and God bless them they are well fit to break promises;

http://fail.3cdn.net/00e0ce0c44762b25fd_tsm6bxzye.pdf

Another full thread there to keep you entertained.
    http://www.politics.ie/forum/current-affairs/172984-broken-election-promises-fine-gael-labour.html

Peoples opinions on here have nothing to do with it, aren't we the voters who possibly put them there? So our opinions have everything to do with it.

Anyway regardless of what anyone on here says, since it doesn't matter anyway, enjoy your bubble.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,524 ✭✭✭finisklin

So there over 120 members of the oireachtas and i dunno, probably over 1,000 councillors around the country and they all share the same ideology of space? and are each and everyone of them all in it for themselves. Whats your political belief system then? Surely there is some party or individual out re that would be of similar views?

There are 160 odd TDs and the interesting question to ask is what would they be doing if they weren't in politics? :rolleyes:

Inda would be a teacher....and is entitled to go back teaching and to the associated pension! Not exactly a good grounding to be Taoiseach except for the fact that he is a career politician for all of his life.

The disappointing thing about Irish politics is that the only qualification you need is to get more votes than the next guy. Doesn't matter what your profession is or experience. If you have the courage or balls to go before the people and get the votes that doesn't qualify you to be a good councillor or minister for what ever.

It does give you a generous salary and pension without the associated delivery of KPIs.

The fact that James Reilly is a doctor hasn't helped him make a balls of health.

Closer to home, the only thing that Calleary, for example, has going for him is the fact that he is from a long line of family politicians.:confused:

• Advertisement

If you google FG broken promises then the first one there was from FF, and God bless them they are well fit to break promises;

http://fail.3cdn.net/00e0ce0c44762b25fd_tsm6bxzye.pdf

Another full thread there to keep you entertained.
    http://www.politics.ie/forum/current-affairs/172984-broken-election-promises-fine-gael-labour.html

So you still havent told us what your main gripe is, which broken promise riles you the most. No surprise there i suppose.
    Peoples opinions on here have nothing to do with it, aren't we the voters who possibly put them there? So our opinions have everything to do with it.

Anyway regardless of what anyone on here says, since it doesn't matter anyway, enjoy your bubble.

And no i dont think people on this thread are very representative of waht Mayo people think, do you?

Actually a few posts up it was you who mentioned posts on here so make up your mind eh?
    Wow but you are one blinkered person, read what others are saying on here

finisklin wrote: »
    There are 160 odd TDs and the interesting question to ask is what would they be doing if they weren't in politics? :rolleyes:

Inda would be a teacher....and is entitled to go back teaching and to the associated pension! Not exactly a good grounding to be Taoiseach except for the fact that he is a career politician for all of his life.

The disappointing thing about Irish politics is that the only qualification you need is to get more votes than the next guy. Doesn't matter what your profession is or experience. If you have the courage or balls to go before the people and get the votes that doesn't qualify you to be a good councillor or minister for what ever.

It does give you a generous salary and pension without the associated delivery of KPIs.

The fact that James Reilly is a doctor hasn't helped him make a balls of health.

Closer to home, the only thing that Calleary, for example, has going for him is the fact that he is from a long line of family politicians.:confused:

I cant disagree with anything you've posted there but i just think that no matter what politician i might mention here you're attitude would be "They're all the same blah blah blah" For eaxample Clare Daly V Michael Ring as a representative in our national legislature, who would you prefer?

So you still havent told us what your main gripe is, which broken promise riles you the most. No surprise there i suppose.

which promises... hows about them all. No surprise in what exactly? They made a list of promises and they have gone back on them.
    So you have no issue with them then?

And no i dont think people on this thread are very representative of waht Mayo people think, do you?

Actually a few posts up it was you who mentioned posts on here so make up your mind eh?

So if we are not representative then what are we then, only a few keyboard warriors with no brains?

Make my mind up about what exactly? If it was the line "since it doesn't matter anyway", I was actually just reflecting what you seem to think, as far as I am concerned there are plenty of intelligent people of boards.ie and many other public fora and many on here who I know in real life and are plenty successful in what they do.

Finisklin made a perfect point, our TD's are guys and girls who can drum up plenty of votes, of course there are some who are well qualified, but as for running the country, we can see now whether it be FF/FG/Labour or the Greens, its one big epic fail after the other.

which promises... hows about them all. No surprise in what exactly? They made a list of promises and they have gone back on them.
    So you have no issue with them then?

So you're not going to answer, fine. then. What do you mean by 'back on them'? All of them?

So if we are not representative then what are we then, only a few keyboard warriors with no brains?

You really think the people on here are representative of the populace at large? Certainly not brainless anyway.

Finisklin made a perfect point, our TD's are guys and girls who can drum up plenty of votes, of course there are some who are well qualified, but as for running the country, we can see now whether it be FF/FG/Labour or the Greens, its one big epic fail after the other.

All govts have been dominated by the two conservative govts. It's a bit unfair to lash the Greens who had 2 ministers for a few years and the labour party has long since abandoned any left wing principles anyway. I'll agree with one thing, mots govts have been the same regardless f their composition

So you're not going to answer, fine. then. What do you mean by 'back on them'? All of them?

For the love of God, are you not reading what I typing???
    Does this not give you a hint?

which promises... hows about them all.

Why can't people on here represent what others think, I know plenty of people, whether it be in my family, friends, work or clubs who also think that the current government are not better that FF, that they have rolled back on their promises and are totally detached from real life on massively overpaid salaries and pensions for life.

But obviously OldTree and Finisklin and myself have no clue what we are on about.

• Advertisement

For the love of God, are you not reading what I typing???
    Does this not give you a hint?

which promises... hows about them all.

Nonsense, how could FG or Labour break their promises since neither was elected to govt. A coallition is going to involve compromise. Anyone that pays any heed to most pre election promises is an idiot
    Why can't people on here represent what others think, I know plenty of people, whether it be in my family, friends, work or clubs who also think that the current government are not better that FF, that they have rolled back on their promises and are totally detached from real life on massively overpaid salaries and pensions for life.

But obviously OldTree and Finisklin and myself have no clue what we are on about.

Im not disagreeing with your view here but i honestly dont think people on internet fora are representative of the population in general. Anyway look im not interested in getting into a slagging match with you.

Somewhat relevant to the conversation.....

Somewhat relevant to the conversation.....

Good to see a backbench TD coming forward with some constructive proposals. See, they're not all the same.;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭MidlandsM

Daisy M wrote: »
    Two days after the budget 5 TDS decide to try and make a fool out of another TD trying to help out a farmer whos machinery was in danger of been reposessed by Friends First, whom I have to say is not a lending agent I would like to get into bed with.

What the hell was Calleary thinking? http://www.independent.ie/national-news/you-no-like-bank-we-no-like-bank-tds-pizza-prank-backfires-3319830.html

because he's an ediot.

Nonsense, how could FG or Labour break their promises since neither was elected to govt. A coallition is going to involve compromise. Anyone that pays any heed to most pre election promises is an idiot

Im not disagreeing with your view here but i honestly dont think people on internet fora are representative of the population in general. Anyway look im not interested in getting into a slagging match with you.

Ok, sorry I didn't realise dumb and dumber got in ahead of FG and Labour. So who are the parties in government then?

Ok, I'm an idiot then as are all the people who protest about cuts to x,y,z and those media commentators who point out that we haven't renegotiated our debt.
    So why do they bother then outlining a program for government before the election? Sure its all fantasy then and we are all idiots even reading their leaflets or listening to the debates.

So if the people on Irish fora don't represent the population, then those on anti austerity marches are just there for the fun, those carers sitting outside the Dail are there but they only represent themselves and the rest of the population don't concur that they are correct to protest.

I'm sure Jimmy Savilles family all thought he was great and didn't see any wrong, but we soon discovered how wrong they were.

Ok, sorry I didn't realise dumb and dumber got in ahead of FG and Labour. So who are the parties in government then?

You obviously dont understand my point so im not going to repeat it.
    Ok, I'm an idiot then as are all the people who protest about cuts to x,y,z and those media commentators who point out that we haven't renegotiated our debt.
    So why do they bother then outlining a program for government before the election? Sure its all fantasy then and we are all idiots even reading their leaflets or listening to the debates.

I dont understand the point you're trying to make in the bolded part.

The programme for government was only drawn up after the election. I presume you're talking about the manifestos? Stop confusing things. tbh anyone that reads a pre election leaflet and takes it at face value is an idiot imo

Some might argue that we have re negotiated a better deal re our debt, not something i necessarily agree with but it can legitimately be argued and the promissory note wasnt paid last March.

So if the people on Irish fora don't represent the population, then those on anti austerity marches are just there for the fun, those carers sitting outside the Dail are there but they only represent themselves and the rest of the population don't concur that they are correct to protest.

I'm sure Jimmy Savilles family all thought he was great and didn't see any wrong, but we soon discovered how wrong they were.

No they dont represent the the population, how on earth could they? And what in gods name are you on about re the protests??? Im sure large sections fo the public agree with them as i do.

Oh and bringing Jimmy Saville into it, very classy

Good to see a backbench TD coming forward with some constructive proposals. See, they're not all the same.;)

Aggghhh the point I was making was how fcuked up the system is and an acknowledgement of this.

However, turkeys don't vote for Xmas :eek:

Aggghhh the point I was making was how fcuked up the system is and an acknowledgement of this.

However, turkeys don't vote for Xmas :eek:

I know and i was just just pointing out that not all TD's are canon fodder for the voting lobbies. Quite surprising to see a backbencher from Kerry saying this, there is some hope maybe......

Advertisement