Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

quote for wordsearch present?

Options
  • 10-12-2012 10:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭

Hey guys,

I was thinking of making a wordsearch for my boyfriend for his bday (which is helpfully right before Christmas!). I'd like to use a short quote instead of single words but I'm stuck on what to use. I'd like to make it quite difficult ;) but not impossible and I'd prefer it to be classic rather than lovey dovey...

At the moment, the frontrunner is “I fear those big words, Stephen said, which make us so unhappy", from Ulysses.

Any more ideas would be very gratefully received.

p.s. sorry if this is an inappropriate forum. I thought you guys might be the best people to ask :)

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,306 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Here are a few to get the ball rolling.
    “Words are, of course, the most powerful drug used by mankind.”
    “Words can be like X-rays if you use them properly -- they’ll go through anything. You read and you’re pierced.”
    “Words are a pretext. It is the inner bond that draws one person to another, not words.”
    “All my life I've looked at words as though I were seeing them for the first time.”
    “words are like nets - we hope they'll cover what we mean, but we know they can't possibly hold that much joy, or grief, or wonder.”
    “The menu is not the meal.”
    “All words are pegs to hang ideas on.”

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Wink

Wow, Nody, thank you so much. That's fantastic. I especially love the Hemmingway quote, it's right up his street!
    Thanks so much :)

Advertisement