Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kevin Bridges inec - 8th Dec.

Options
  • 10-12-2012 10:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭

Anybody else go to this? It was pretty surreal. I'd be curious to hear other people's opinions.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,318 ✭✭✭✭carchaeologist

When you say surreal, how do you mean?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭xxyyzz

I'll start off by saying that IMHO there is a design problem in the INEC where anybody in the lower tier who gets up during the show to go to the bar/toilets has to walk down the center aisle right in front of the performer and this can be extremely distracting for them. Billy Connolly was giving out yards about it when he performed there too. Anyway, the show started off brilliantly, I thought he was hilarious however he seemed to be getting irritated by the number of people getting up during the middle of the act as they were all right in his eyeline. He seemed to get very down on himself and kept losing track of his jokes and apologised for the show going badly when in actual fact people were falling around the place.

To make matters worse, he tried to hop a few balls off an audience member in the front row called Brian. Brian (very mistakenly) thought he was a bit of a funny man himself and wouldn't stop making stupid insulting replies to KB making a complete cock out of himself and things got a bit tense. It came to a head with Bridges calling Brian a fu*king tosser which IMHO was very unprofessional of him. Nobody could argue with this opinion, but he should have just ignored him and gotten on with the show. Bridges pretty much walked off the stage after 50 mins with no encore.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭Max_Charger

Ya I was there, he said half way through the act that we could leave if we wanted and get our money back, he was being completely serious. Whatever about the people going to the toilet, the amount of people that just went out in the middle of his set just to get drink was ridiculous. The bar should be closed while a comedian is on stage, end of story. Walking out of the gig, I overheard a lot of people giving out about that audience member, who was a complete tosser, but why did Bridges keep going back to talk to him?!
    That's the third comedy gig I've gone to in the INEC and defiantly my last. Not surprised to hear Billy Connolly giving out about it, the place just isn't set up for them at all.

Advertisement