Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gaslight Anthem - Olympia 17th June

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭MightyMighty737

Got five standing just there. Lady in the shop said they were almost gone though. I'd be surprised if there was any left this time tomorrow. Seating won't sell out for weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

I've just received word that there's a ticket for me :) I'll have to keep an eye out for flights

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

Yeah can still get standing now. Not too bad at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,905 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

I got a circle ticket, Row C Seat 25. Nice!

I didn't know you could only do one concert at a time as I had a tab open for Elton John but it wouldn't let me proceed unless I held back with the other one. Wasn't too bad coz I knew I wanted standing for EJ and went with buying the seated for GA first.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

Looking for 2 standing, TM appears to be sold out

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

THE GASLIGHT ANTHEM have just announced a second Olympia Theatre date due to demand! They will now play Tuesday 18th June as well as Monday 17th June... Tickets from €29.70 on sale now via Ticketmaster Ireland

Not gonna lie , i am tempted to do both dates now

• Registered Users Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭steve_r

THE GASLIGHT ANTHEM have just announced a second Olympia Theatre date due to demand! They will now play Tuesday 18th June as well as Monday 17th June... Tickets from €29.70 on sale now via Ticketmaster Ireland

me too...........

• Registered Users Posts: 9,803 ✭✭✭hynesie08

yeah. If the second date doesn't sell out I'll grab a ticket in the new year, otherwise i'll grab one closer to the show, either way i'll be at both shows, **** it lads add a belfast date as well

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

steve_r wrote: »
    me too...........

. . .will I???? Nah, i'll catch them in the Troxy in March :P

hynesie08 wrote: »
    yeah. If the second date doesn't sell out I'll grab a ticket in the new year, otherwise i'll grab one closer to the show, either way i'll be at both shows, **** it lads add a belfast date as well

Thats what im gonna do , im not in any rush together a ticket for the 2nd date

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭mark182

Standing tickets for both nights sorted. Delighted.

Hopefully some decent support act joins them too.

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭TopBombing

mark182 wrote: »
    Standing tickets for both nights sorted. Delighted.

Hopefully some decent support act joins them too.

Same here, gonna sell the tickets I have for both nights in Glasgow now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,201 ✭✭✭languagenerd

Got a standing ticket for the Monday night, going with my brother who also loves them. :D Only bought a copy of Handwritten two weeks ago and have had it on loop ever since (perfect timing!).

I missed them the last time round (somehow only found out when it sold out) so can't wait for this one!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭lc180

Just got my tickets in the post. First time I've ever bought tickets to see a band 2 nights in a row.
    VERY nearly gave up hope of an Irish date and bought a ticket for Bristol, glad I didn't!

Any idea who is supporting the tour yet??

• Registered Users Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

lc180 wrote: »
    Just got my tickets in the post. First time I've ever bought tickets to see a band 2 nights in a row.
    VERY nearly gave up hope of an Irish date and bought a ticket for Bristol, glad I didn't!

Any idea who is supporting the tour yet??

No idea who the support is, but while I am sick of the Springsteen comparisons and feel they are a dis service to the band (with no disrespect to Bruce) I would love to see them take a page from his book and perform long gigs with no support. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭ReacherCreature

Turtyturd wrote: »
    perform long gigs with no support. :D

Cool idea. I like it. You can never not have enough of such a good band.

Cant see any "big " support although id be really happy with someone like

Dublin band Jogging supporting both nights....

Wouldnt be mad about them so will prob give them a miss and just get in on time for GA

• Registered Users Posts: 9,803 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Wow, I try not to judge a band on one song, but that was ****e.

• Advertisement

Would have loved Dave Hause.

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭MightyMighty737

mark182 wrote: »
    Would have loved Dave Hause.

He needs to stop supporting them. It's beginning to become too much of a "thing".

And I say that as someone who far prefers Dave to Gaslight.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Won't be bothering with the support. I like the idea behind bands giving local bands a spot and it comes across as a punk thing to do, but nine times out of ten the bands are terrible. My ears still bear the scars of Nine Lives supporting New Found Glory, and Alkaline Trio.

Was hoping it would be Chuck again, although I knew it was never going to happen, the man is a class act.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,905 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

I have seated tickets so probably won't really bother with the opening act either.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

hoping Blue Jeans & White T-Shirts is on the setlist Monday :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4 travelgirl85

Selling a standing ticket for this, can't go because of work. PM if interested

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭Pinkman

I am just after realising I haven't receive the tickets for this yet. Just checked on TM website and it says they are being processed. This has never happened before with a gig I've gone to so does anyone know if I just go to the box office at the Olympia or what the story is? Cheers.

Pinkman wrote: »
    I am just after realising I haven't receive the tickets for this yet. Just checked on TM website and it says they are being processed. This has never happened before with a gig I've gone to so does anyone know if I just go to the box office at the Olympia or what the story is? Cheers.

Contact them first thing tomorrow about it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭steve_r

Pinkman wrote: »

Ring them tomorrow I'd say. Best of luck.

Here's a recent setlist for anyone interested. Very excited now!
    http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/the-gaslight-anthem/2013/megaland-landgraaf-netherlands-53d9cfbd.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭CiaranK

steve_r wrote: »
    Ring them tomorrow I'd say. Best of luck.

Here's a recent setlist for anyone interested. Very excited now!
    http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/the-gaslight-anthem/2013/megaland-landgraaf-netherlands-53d9cfbd.html

They've been playing much longer than that on gigs before it, was that a festival so you know?

Advertisement