Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gaslight Anthem - Olympia 17th June

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,201 ✭✭✭languagenerd

Can't believe this is tomorrow, it seemed so far away when I bought the ticket! Recent setlists are looking good (seems to be more or less the same songs in a different order each night). Can't wait! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭steve_r

CiaranK wrote: »
    They've been playing much longer than that on gigs before it, was that a festival so you know?

Yeah, looks like a festival set alright. Gives a taste of what they'd play anyway. Usually good for a cover or two.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,906 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Packing my stuff for the journey tomorrow.

Bust ticket - check
    Concert ticket - check
    Hotel reservation - check

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭the_doctor199

What would be the cheapest car park for this? Doesn't have to be next door or anything, can walk a bit.

What would be the cheapest car park for this? Doesn't have to be next door or anything, can walk a bit.

Fleet Street car park is only a five/ten min walk and it's 24 hour. Not sure if there's anything closer, but it's the only one I can think of that doesn't close when the shops do...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

All on street parking is free after 7...I generally park on the quays and walk across.

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭loverslane

Wish I was going - have fun everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭lc180

Been brushing up on the latest GA album all weekend, no matter how many times i listen to Here Comes My Man, I still think its absolute muck. The rest of the album is pretty good though.

Seriously cant wait for this gig tonight. Recently setlists are deadly.

What time would ye say GA will be on stage at?

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭CiaranK

Jogging 7:45/8:00
    Gaslight Anthem 8:45/9:00

• Advertisement

Cool. I'll probably head in about 8.15, pick up a t shirt, few drinks and settle in.

Passed the Olympia at about 3 and there was people queuing.

Mars Bar wrote: »

They'd give the stalkers in the lana del rey thread a run for their money.

:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

I was going to say something along the lines of "Idiots blah blah blah " but then I realized that they are playing tonight and I'm not going until tomorrow :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,929 ✭✭✭JaMarcus Hustle

Got on the guest list so 2 seating tickets for this if anyone wants them free, can meet outside. I'm here already.

Don't let touts win!

• Registered Users Posts: 44 bm92

Damn how do you get on the guest list ??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,929 ✭✭✭JaMarcus Hustle

bm92 wrote: »
    Damn how do you get on the guest list ??

GF won a competition on Phantom. The "her +1" was fairly lenient, they let 4 of us in. Have our own wee box and all :D

"wee box" /giggles :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 44 bm92

Lucky! Anyone any ideas when to start queuing we wanna get up front??

GF won a competition on Phantom. The "her +1" was fairly lenient, they let 4 of us in. Have our own wee box and all :D

I could see the crowd in the box to Brian's right fairly well.

They are flawless musicians. Brian is a great story teller! Bit short though.

• Advertisement

I could see the crowd in the box to Brian's right fairly well.

They are flawless musicians. Brian is a great story teller! Bit short though.

Going tomorrow and this is what i was worried about, was it a festival length set 13 or 14 songs? As most of the shows on the tour are festivals :(

Ah they were brilliant tonight XD I'd have preferred "Here's Looking At You, Kid" over "The Queen of Lower Chelsea" but that's my only complaint.

Looking into going again tomorrow even though there's only restricted viewing seats left...

calex71 wrote: »
    Going tomorrow and this is what i was worried about, was it a festival length set 13 or 14 songs? As most of the shows on the tour are festivals :(

Didn't count the songs, but it was def more than 14. They played for about 1 hour 40 min tonight :)

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Walt Grace

Anyone got the setlist for tonight yet?

Did they play Here Come My Man? I'm almost positive they didnt but maybe I missed it?!:)

Great gig tho!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,330 ✭✭✭niallon

Great gig. I saw then last time at the olympia and in the Troxy in London in march. This wasn't the best if the three, but they do really blast out a set so well. It was definitely the shortest if the gigs I've seen, but had arguably the best mix of the albums.

Gutted I couldn't fork out for tomorrow too and if there is a full rehearsed Led Zeppelin related surprise during the set tomorrow as was hinted tonight I'll be doubly gutted! (and no it has nothing to do with any member of Zeppelin joining them!)

niallon wrote: »
    Great gig. I saw then last time at the olympia and in the Troxy in London in march. This wasn't the best if the three, but they do really blast out a set so well. It was definitely the shortest if the gigs I've seen, but had arguably the best mix of the albums.

Gutted I couldn't fork out for tomorrow too and if there is a full rehearsed Led Zeppelin related surprise during the set tomorrow as was hinted tonight I'll be doubly gutted! (and no it has nothing to do with any member of Zeppelin joining them!)

They played Rock and Roll at download last night (sunday)

Walt Grace wrote: »
    Anyone got the setlist for tonight yet?

Did they play Here Come My Man? I'm almost positive they didnt but maybe I missed it?!:)

Great gig tho!

No, they didn't play "Here Comes My Man" tonight. Great setlist overall though, good mix of songs:)

No Great Expectations.....da'fuq?

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭CiaranK

Great gig. Really nice mix of everything. I loved Brian's stories and chats, he seems like such a nice guy. The crowd really got into it too. Overall a brilliant night, I can't really find any faults at all :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,330 ✭✭✭niallon

calex71 wrote: »
    They played Rock and Roll at download last night (sunday)

Had that as their walk in tonight. But then was more Zep related talk during the gig ;-)

Advertisement