Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Lidl Wii

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Pacing Mule

I've seen similar before.

Basically the games come on one or two cartridges. The graphics quality is sega megadrive / atari 2600 standard. ie over a decade behind even the Wii itself.

That said it would be a good starter set for very young kids not old enough to appreciate the difference.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,876 ✭✭✭RayCon

When I read the title of the thread I thought this was about Frank Spencer going to the toilet* ...

Frank-Spencer.jpg

* go on ... say it in his voice

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,927 ✭✭✭paddyp

I've seen similar before.

Basically the games come on one or two cartridges. The graphics quality is sega megadrive / atari 2600 standard. ie over a decade behind even the Wii itself.

That said it would be a good starter set for very young kids not old enough to appreciate the difference.

Craptastic: 11 rubbish motion games 89 awful non-motion games "worth" about a tenner.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OqCiw2JjmkA
    lol some sucker paid £99 for it
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtY9xDkzxZU

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭littleredspot

paddyp wrote: »
    Craptastic: 11 rubbish motion games 89 awful non-motion games "worth" about a tenner.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OqCiw2JjmkA
    lol some sucker paid £99 for it
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtY9xDkzxZU

Thanks for the links. Crap for someone used to todays consoles alright, but I'm thinking of getting it as a first console for a 6 year old, I'm tempted at that price.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

when the Wii came out scammers started going door-to-door at Crimbo trying to con people into buying these thinking they were a Wii.
    wouldnt be surprised if it happens again soon with the release of the WiiU.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,927 ✭✭✭paddyp

Thanks for the links. Crap for someone used to todays consoles alright, but I'm thinking of getting it as a first console for a 6 year old, I'm tempted at that price.

You can pick up a wii for 50-70 euro handy enough. I paid 70 for ours with two controllers, nunchucks, charging stations, games. My girls 4 and 5 love it. Much better investment. I suppose the gougers will be out this mime of year though so don't pay more than 100 quid with accessories.

http://www.adverts.ie/nintendo/nintendo-wii/2418263

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭firestarter51

when the Wii came out scammers started going door-to-door at Crimbo trying to con people into buying these thinking they were a Wii.
    wouldnt be surprised if it happens again soon with the release of the WiiU.
    yeah my brother in law fell for this a couple of years back

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭gerbo

Any self respecting 6 year old would laugh you out of it if you bought them that.

The commodore 64 I had as a kid would compare favorably with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭JPA

gerbo wrote: »

Any self respecting 6 year old would laugh you out of it if you bought them that.

The commodore 64 I had as a kid would compare favorably with it.

Ya, 6 year olds are totally au fait with what's decent now.
    This would suit a 2 year old but still a waste of money.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 762 ✭✭✭Pistachios & cream

I'm just wondering would this work as a wii as a way of watching netflix on the tv? my sister was looking for a way to watch netflix on the tv as she doesn't have a wii and this might be an alternative.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 607 ✭✭✭BroLo

Nope, it's not actually a Wii, you won't be able to do any of the things a Wii can do other than play the games which come included. It's like those old games controllers you plugged into the TV and played a few years back, a cheap alternative to a console for either cash strapped people that couldn't afford a console or a parent answering the demands of a young child that knew no better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,071 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

This....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 226 ✭✭chopsey

to be honest i've sold a few of these to kids at car boot sales and they are not worth much more than a tenner and even at that the entertainment value is little or none.

the amount of batteries is ridiculous, the controllers work on infra red not wifi like the actual wii that means the controller has to be pointed at teh console for any key presses to have any effect. this will frustrate you and your kids into eventually throwing it in the bin.

save your 30 euro and but they an old PS1 or PS2 even would be a great and cheap first console

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 206 ✭✭kizzyf

surely for a 4-6 year old it would be fine though. for people who can't afford a wii and at least it will keep the kids bit more active than watching dvds or playing wit ordinary console. BTW I loved playing tennis on the tv as a kid thought it was great.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Tommay

Err...Shouldn't the thread title be changed by now?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭robman60

Before any parent buys one of these pieces of crap, I'd highly advise you check out a second hand Wii or something. They're dirt cheap nowadays anyway, particularly with the release of the Wii U. I remember seeing a neo double games (knock off of the DS) and it just wasn't anywhere near. There are also no warranties or anything, and they're about as good as the toy that comes with a Happy Meal.

Don't be disappointed!

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

Looks like a piece of junk.

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭littleredspot

Happy for mods to close the thread. Clearly not a Bargain Alert. Thanks for all the advice everyone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,968 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

I hate the thought of any kid getting one of these ridiculous knock-offs on Xmas morning because their parents didn't know any better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭zom

seem like the same console (different name):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vvPO5-fhqZ0

• Advertisement
Advertisement