Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

good spots for dogs

Options
  • 10-12-2012 11:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 755 ✭✭✭

I'm trying to find a few places I can bring my dog to leave him off the lead for a bit. I know there are plenty of walks around, but for those I have to keep him on the lead all the time. Any suggestions for a field or somewhere I can throw a ball for him?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,172 ✭✭✭hardybuck

St. Otterans has plenty of space, but there can be a few undesirables knocking around. The back strand in Tramore is great also.

• Registered Users Posts: 755 ✭✭✭natnifnolnacs

Never thought of St. Otterans, that might be worth checking out and it's pretty close. Tramore is good, as is Woodstown but I'm looking for somewhere handy I can go for 20 minutes when I'm short on time. A field near the hospital or something would be ideal but I can't think of any off hand

• Registered Users Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

Otterans no longer allow dog walking. There's a sign as you enter. Unfortunate as it's just down the road from me (and my dog).

old gregg wrote: »
    Otterans no longer allow dog walking. There's a sign as you enter. Unfortunate as it's just down the road from me (and my dog).

Are they actually enforcing it? The dog walking should have been the least of their worries. There is plenty of activities carried out there that aren't allowed anywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,319 ✭✭✭Trick of the Tail

The IDA industrial park near the Holy Cross is used by a lot of dog walkers.

The place where there's just the one building near the road, there's acres of land behind that, very suitable.

A

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

hardybuck wrote: »
    Are they actually enforcing it? The dog walking should have been the least of their worries. There is plenty of activities carried out there that aren't allowed anywhere.

I don't actually know whether it's being enforced. I've just not been in there since the signs went up.

Spill the beans, what sort of activities? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,704 ✭✭✭Doylers

Thought that read, good sports for dogs. Got very excited about the prospects :D

old gregg wrote: »
    I don't actually know whether it's being enforced. I've just not been in there since the signs went up.

Spill the beans, what sort of activities? :)

Ah fairly obvious stuff. Drugs certainly. There are burnt out cars there and people often burn their rubbish there.

Far worse activities than dog walking anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

The middle floor of The Kasbar...

A lot of dogs in there, marking their territory

• Closed Accounts Posts: 587 ✭✭✭Dum_Dum

longshanks wrote: »
    The middle floor of The Kasbar...

A lot of dogs in there, marking their territory

urinating too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭phelo2121

Its a pity there isn't a dog park or enclosed area for dogs to run free in Waterford, have a whippet and just couldn't trust her off lead unless in a totally enclosed area just incase she saw something small and fluffy :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭beazee

Kibarry Park at 8am on Sundays seems to be the only suitable place.
    From 9 it becomes joggers spot and kids+family place an hour later.

Advertisement