Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Live At The Marquee 2013

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 86,619 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Hope they get a decent rap/rnb act

• Registered Users Posts: 5,786 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Would be nice if Meatloaf played a gig but it looks unlikely now.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

LITTLE MIX - Friday 14 June
    Tickets on sale Saturday 9 March at 9am

Bell X1 – 4 July
    Tickets on sale this Thursday 7 March at 9am

Ke$ha – 3 July
    Tickets on sale this Friday 8 March at 9am

Imelda May - Saturday 9 July
    Tickets on sale this Thursday 7 March at 9am

• Registered Users Posts: 4 biggigfan

ZZ-Top are great. Sting is great but really overpriced

We are delighted to announce that following on from two sold out performances last year, Jessie J has confirmed a date at this summer’s Live at the Marquee in Cork for Sunday 7 July.

Tickets go on sale Thursday 21 March at 9.00am through Ticketmaster Ireland

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭skaface

Starting to fill up dates now, wonder how many more Acts will be added, if any??

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Shreddy Krueger

We are delighted to announce that following on from two sold out performances last year, Jessie J has confirmed a date at this summer’s Live at the Marquee in Cork for Sunday 7 July.

Tickets go on sale Thursday 21 March at 9.00am through Ticketmaster Ireland

Didn't she recently postpone two Irish gigs from March to October due to "finishing her new album" and they couldn't be done sooner than October because she was supposedly very busy ? Seems odd.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

skaface wrote: »
    Starting to fill up dates now, wonder how many more Acts will be added, if any??

1 more apparently.

Passenger will perform the biggest headline show of his career at Live at the Marquee Cork this July 2nd. This will be Passenger’s only show in Ireland this summer. Tickets go on sale next Thursday, 4 April at 9am.

Passenger will perform the biggest headline show of his career at Live at the Marquee Cork this July 2nd. This will be Passenger’s only show in Ireland this summer. Tickets go on sale next Thursday, 4 April at 9am.

:eek:

I think he played in Cork recently already

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭Oleg Luzhny

Not even recently, the show's still to happen! He's playing The Pav on the 3rd of May.

http://www.ticketmaster.ie/event/18004A67A1023582?artistid=1231376&majorcatid=10001&minorcatid=1

TweetMe!?! wrote: »
    Not even recently, the show's still to happen! He's playing The Pav on the 3rd of May.

http://www.ticketmaster.ie/event/18004A67A1023582?artistid=1231376&majorcatid=10001&minorcatid=1

:o

Anyways two gigs in Cork in May and July is too much

• Registered Users Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭Bacchus

Tickets for The National are back on sale!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

Bacchus wrote: »
    Tickets for The National are back on sale!!

ah feck, don't tell me that! I have a spare standing ticket I've been meaning to put up on toutless but never got around to it.

Has anyone sold out yet for here?

I have heard and seen ads for many acts ticket sales still

• Registered Users Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭Bacchus

ah feck, don't tell me that! I have a spare standing ticket I've been meaning to put up on toutless but never got around to it.

Take heart, it's sold out again. Someone just posted on Toutless too, looking for a spare ticket.

Bacchus wrote: »
    Take heart, it's sold out again. Someone just posted on Toutless too, looking for a spare ticket.

ah right, cool. I should take this opportunity to check out toutless and shift the thing. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭poundhound

Has the support for ZZ Top been announced yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

How easy is the venue to get to and get parked near, for someone driving down on the day and who doesn't really know Cork that well to drive around? :)

How easy is the venue to get to and get parked near, for someone driving down on the day and who doesn't really know Cork that well to drive around?

Loads of free parking down the quays .
    I usually park about 10-15 minutes away and walk down but last year I parked a few minutes away and had no traffic issues afterwards.

Elton John is playing Sunday night.
    Really looking forward to seeing him live,he always puts on a great show and the recent setlists have been superb,25 songs ,2 and a half hours .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

poundhound wrote: »
    Has the support for ZZ Top been announced yet?

The Ben Miller Band (?), apparently

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭juansheet

Support for Coronas tonight anyone know?

Good show by Elton John tonight .

That was his third night on the trot,one in France,one in Denmark and Cork tonight.6 gigs in 7 days .
    His voice was a bit raw at times after such a hectic schedule but still ok.

The setlist was one of the strongest he has played in along time ,all the classics .
    The sound mix was very poor though ,way too much bass, I thought my ears were going to explode at times ,the bass was vicious ,worst I have heard in years.

how much are they charging for beer, same as last few years (was that €5)?
    Is it a Guinness/Carlsberg bar still?

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Gotta agree, seen Elton down there 2 years ago and this years show was an improvement on that all round, he was much more energetic and up for it last night then he was the last time.

Also, the drink is still the same price, everything is 5 quid down there.

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Gotta agree, seen Elton down there 2 years ago and this years show was an improvement on that all round, he was much more energetic and up for it last night then he was the last time.

Also, the drink is still the same price, everything is 5 quid down there.
    I thought the show 2 years ago was better ,the sound was much superior .
    I was up near the front both times but had no ear ache the last time .
    He was well up for it in 2011 too ,didnt see much difference this time ,he is a pro.
    Definitely a better setlist this time though as no new album to promote.

He seems to genuinely like playing the Marquee ,its a great venue.
    He has some stamina for his age .

• Registered Users Posts: 31,905 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

The crowd was more intense two years ago. I remember sweating buckets and asking the security guy for water. Hardly broke a sweat this time.

It was a brilliant concert though. His voice is surprisingly good for the amount of shows he has done! Had a great view down in front of the piano.

BNdzSTjCcAAzZUO.jpg:large

Mars Bar wrote: »
    The crowd was more intense two years ago. I remember sweating buckets and asking the security guy for water. Hardly broke a sweat this time.

It was a brilliant concert though. His voice is surprisingly good for the amount of shows he has done! Had a great view down in front of the piano.

BNdzSTjCcAAzZUO.jpg:large

Yes crowd were definitely more restrained this time round but picked up near the end .
    The stage was much higher this time .
    I wasn't far behind you Mars Bar ,seemed to be a good few people from Galway there ,was a very friendly woman beside me who jumped around for the whole gig,her friend up near the front got her album autographed by Elton.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,905 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Zardoz wrote: »
    Yes crowd were definitely more restrained this time round but picked up near the end .
    The stage was much higher this time .
    I wasn't far behind you Mars Bar ,seemed to be a good few people from Galway there ,was a very friendly woman beside me who jumped around for the whole gig,her friend up near the front got her album autographed by Elton.

I didn't notice the stage being higher to be honest.

There was a Spanish fella and a French fella to my left and a woman from Texas behind me. We queued with a Danish guy we knew as an Elton fan on Facebook and there was a good few English people queueing early too. Very international crowd!

• Advertisement

Mars Bar wrote: »
    I didn't notice the stage being higher to be honest.

There was a Spanish fella and a French fella to my left and a woman from Texas behind me. We queued with a Danish guy we knew as an Elton fan on Facebook and there was a good few English people queueing early too. Very international crowd!
    Cool.
    Very cosmopolitan crowd ,Spanish guy on my left and Japanese guy on my right .
    Great to see such a wide age range at a gig ,anyone from 12-70.

Advertisement