Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Live At The Marquee 2013

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

Anyone know the stage times & who's playing support to The National on Friday night?

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Sútalún

Anyone know the stage times & who's playing support to The National on Friday night?

Tall Ships are support.. Not sure of stage times. How much would a taxi from the city to the Marquee cost?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

Sútalún wrote: »
    Tall Ships are support.. Not sure of stage times. How much would a taxi from the city to the Marquee cost?

not sure, it's such a short spin and you'll spend the majority of the time in the car sitting in traffic why not walk with a pitstop in a pub on the way, I'm planning on a pint in the Sextant on the way to the venue :D

• Registered Users Posts: 31,905 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

I got a taxi at the bus stop and it cost me €7. I was early though so no traffic around.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭LowOdour

From looking at the last number of concerts The National have played, I have a list of their most played songs, so the setlist should include

I Should Live In Salt 
    Don't Swallow the Cap 
    Mistaken for Strangers 
    Bloodbuzz Ohio 
    Sea of Love 
    Afraid of Everyone 
    Terrible Love 
    Vanderlyle Crybaby Geeks 
    Fake Empire 
    England 
    Abel 
    Conversation 16 
    Mr. November 
    Squalor Victoria

Would be pretty happy with all that. If Karen and Lit Up and The Geese of Beverly Road were played, I wouldnt be offended!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

I think i need to hear 'All the Wine' or there may be trouble.

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭hairway2Steven

Is there anyone travelling back to waterford from the national gig? Myself and a mate are stranded and we have to make this gig :-) any help really appreciated

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭sasta le

Much interest in ZZ top?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭Knifey Spoony

sasta le wrote: »
    Much interest in ZZ top?

I believe that it's sold out now at this stage.

Got my auld fella tickets for it at Christmas and he has been kind enough to allow me to accompany him to it. Wouldn't be a big fan of them, but I'm really looking forward to it now.

LowOdour wrote: »
    From looking at the last number of concerts The National have played, I have a list of their most played songs, so the setlist should include

I Should Live In Salt 
    Don't Swallow the Cap 
    Mistaken for Strangers 
    Bloodbuzz Ohio 
    Sea of Love 
    Afraid of Everyone 
    Terrible Love 
    Vanderlyle Crybaby Geeks 
    Fake Empire 
    England 
    Abel 
    Conversation 16 
    Mr. November 
    Squalor Victoria

Would be pretty happy with all that. If Karen and Lit Up and The Geese of Beverly Road were played, I wouldnt be offended!!!

thought Fire Proof would be on that list, we'll wait and see.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭poundhound

Can't wait for ZZ Top.
    Travelling down from Dublin on me todd for this.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Jamie Cal

Tall Ships are INCREDIBLE. One of my favourite albums of last year, and (I don't say this lightly) 'Murmurations' is probably my favourite song of last year. It's unbelievable, goes way beyond what I thought they were capable of making. So hyped they're playing, only heard today myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,786 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Jamie Cal wrote: »

Anyway, if anyone ANYONE has a spare ticket for a big National fan, I'd really appreciate it. I thought I was gonna be away all summer working but that failed and I'm home now, without a ticket. :( So yeah, any help at all and I'd really help. I'll happily dish out 60 quid for a ticket. Get onto me at 0876572443 with a call or text.

Tickets are still on sale at Ticketmaster .

• Registered Users Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭Bacchus

Tall Ships are INCREDIBLE. One of my favourite albums of last year, and (I don't say this lightly) 'Murmurations' is probably my favourite song of last year. It's unbelievable, goes way beyond what I thought they were capable of making. So hyped they're playing, only heard today myself.

+1 to that. I've been listening to them for the past few weeks now. Their album can be streamed on their website...

http://wearetallships.co.uk/

Really looking forward to seeing them. Anyone have an idea what time the support acts usually start at?

Anyway, if anyone ANYONE has a spare ticket for a big National fan, I'd really appreciate it. I thought I was gonna be away all summer working but that failed and I'm home now, without a ticket. :( So yeah, any help at all and I'd really help. I'll happily dish out 60 quid for a ticket. Get onto me at with a call or text.

Get on to toutless, should be a few available there...and i'd remove your mobile number!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

I believe that it's sold out now at this stage.

Got my auld fella tickets for it at Christmas and he has been kind enough to allow me to accompany him to it. Wouldn't be a big fan of them, but I'm really looking forward to it now.

Tickets still available on Ticketmaster.
    poundhound wrote: »
    Can't wait for ZZ Top.
    Travelling down from Dublin on me todd for this.

Have no ticket yet, but was thinking of doing the trip down myself. You coming back tomorrow night as well?

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Jamie Cal

Easy Rod wrote: »
    Get on to toutless, should be a few available there...and i'd remove your mobile number!

Hah, sound, but last night on Peoples Republic Of Cork someone informed me that there's more on ticketmaster, no announcement or anything. But anyway, I GOT MINE! I'm so buzzed, gonna be a cracking night.

And what's the big deal about my number? Surely there's no one juvenile enough on here to call me? haha

• Registered Users Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭Bacchus

And what's the big deal about my number? Surely there's no one juvenile enough on here to call me? haha

FYI, it's still there in Easy Rod's quote :)

Bacchus wrote: »
    FYI, it's still there in Easy Rod's quote :)

Nice one, took it out myself there!

And this is boards...of course there are people juvenile enough to call you!:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭poundhound

@blastman, no Im staying the night.

Hope to squeez in a few drinks after the gig ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43 MatthewMonster

Hey guys, just wondering if any one could help me out with directions to the Marquee? I have literally no idea where we're heading to see Kesha on the 3rd of July.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭Rfrip

not sure, it's such a short spin and you'll spend the majority of the time in the car sitting in traffic why not walk with a pitstop in a pub on the way, I'm planning on a pint in the Sextant on the way to the venue :D

Me too, I'd say it will b mobbed!

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭hairway2Steven

Anyone willing to head back waterford direction 2moro night? After the National gig? I have a spare ticket also if anyone is interested

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭bystarlight

Sorry if this has already been asked...but how strict are they in the marquee about letting people with seated tickets into the standing area?

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭irokie

Hey guys, just wondering if any one could help me out with directions to the Marquee? I have literally no idea where we're heading to see Kesha on the 3rd of July.

Also looking to know - I've found plenty of Marquee hire locations in Cork, though.

Close to the city centre, directions here

• Registered Users Posts: 43 IntoYourSister

Anyone know what the stage times are for The National's gig tomorrow night?

What's been the general time for the other concerts over the last few weeks?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,786 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Sorry if this has already been asked...but how strict are they in the marquee about letting people with seated tickets into the standing area?

Thanks!

There are no checks ,if you have a seated ticket you can stand.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

Right, just bought a ticket for ZZ Top, Cork, here I come!!

Advertisement