Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Live At The Marquee 2013

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,384 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Decided to go to ZZ Top after work, left there at 8.35, bought ticket at 9, then they walk on stage. What followed was pure brilliance, just really good fun, and everyone dancing around the place. So happy I went, and was much better than expected!

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Rock Strongo

Hi all,
    Im travelling down tomorow from louth to the national gig. I cant find a lot of info online about the marquee!
    How do I dress? Is it set up like an outdoor festival? Is there a bar in the marquee or outside? Is there a lot of security?

So many questions so little time... any help would be appreciated

• Registered Users Posts: 21,384 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Hi all,
    Im travelling down tomorow from louth to the national gig. I cant find a lot of info online about the marquee!
    How do I dress? Is it set up like an outdoor festival? Is there a bar in the marquee or outside? Is there a lot of security?

So many questions so little time... any help would be appreciated

Its a normal gig, dress how you want. Its literally a big marquee, so its indoor. Bar just inside the front section, but that's cordened off from gig area. There's nothing confusing about getting from bar to gig area. Yeah there'll be plenty security, hopefully ya won't need that tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭hairway2Steven

Any help with a lift back from cork to waterford after the gig? Free standing ticket in it for anyone who gives me the lift home, stranded down there after. Much help appreciated

Daithi

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭poundhound

Gotta say ZZ Top were fantastic!

They even added "Jailhouse Rock" as a 2nd encore which is very unusual for them. Normally their setlist doesn't change from night to night.

Loved the venue too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

Great gig, glad I went down. Had never seen the Top before and thought they were great, really good setlist too.

Pic from last night:

sm_IMG_3416.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,526 ✭✭✭pah

Fuuuuuuuck! That was good.

Great Gig

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭poundhound

9352C9465CBE45F8BC26E91069B76B3E-0000360871-0003295524-00800L-3522A300F85F419D9418DDB03FF36A79.bmp

BEF9BAA56BBD44438E4B6E9416373003-0000360871-0003295543-00800L-4A17ED524CED4EAC8F6080C647DB50AD.bmp

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭ConcertKing

My take on the gigs I saw at the Marquee!!

Thought Elton John was seriously fantastic and seeing one of my all time favourites 'I'm Still Standing' live will live with me forever.Had the crowd eating outta his hand for 2 and a half hours!!

ZZ Top was alot of fun and a great show but I though 90 mins was abit short.Had alot of fun though and would definitely go again to see them!!

And last but not least Sting was just unbelievable!!My second time seeing him after the Sympohonic Tour a few years back and he just sounds so good live.Seeing classics like 'Roxanne' and 'Englishman In New York' live were worth the admission price alone.Didn't sing 'I Can't Stand Losing' which would be a personal favourite but you can't have it all!!!

Advertisement