Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Review of 2012

Options
  • 10-12-2012 12:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭

How's the year been for you?

I've had a disorder go into remission :D and lost 1 of the 2 stone I'd put on because of it. I got a lot more energy and am now much fitter, having taken up hill-walking. :D However, I recently developed a new disorder, and an old (different) one came back. :( I'm hoping my fitness will stand to me and I'll get over these too. I'm also in a relationship since July, so am enjoying that :D although it takes a bit of getting used to, having been single for so long. I'm also getting out and about a good bit more both alone and as a couple, so am getting to know more people :D - and tbh, feeling a bit of a teenager again. Also having an empty nest this year helped; no empty nest syndrome at all! :D

So overall, a good year for me. More :D than :(!

What about the rest of ye?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

Still sober - but not for long. Woop!
    Published and sold some photographs.
    I can play a few songs and play a couple of classical pieces (very badly) on the guitar.
    Came really really really close to winning a backgammon tournament.

Have almost finished escape tunnel #4. Come January I'll be able to slip out under Nurses nose at will.

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,379 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Bit of a disaster all told, looking forward to 2013 which is looking a lot more promising.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,194 ✭✭✭jos28

Sorry to hear that Looksee, here's to brighter things ahead for you.
    2012 wasn't a bad year for me, I've had much worse :
    Finally got to New York in June, graduated in Nov, finished our mortgage and I've had no reason to visit a doctor. On the minus side, I was put on a 3 day week and I am anxiously waiting for eldest son to get a break career-wise. Here's hoping he gets sorted in 2013

• Registered Users Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Alice1

Mmm, I shall be glad to see the back of 2012. My Mam passed away in April. Then I spent the summer going to and from the hospital with my daughter who had scoliosis. She had surgery in August and is now doing very well. It's been a stressful year all told. So I am looking forward to 2013 and hoping it's a wee bit happier.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,551 ✭✭✭Rubecula

For me the year started out badly, got worse in the middle and has been sadly tailing off towards the end.

No I am not going to complain. Things could have been worse and I am still better off than many other folks. BUT I am looking forward to 2013 just now as it can't be a worse year for me personally surely.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭Jellybaby1

Nothing good to report unfortunately.:( Not a great year. Topsy-turvy emotionally but that's almost a given now. Health a wee bit shaky but thankfully nothing too serious. Worst thing, I lost a friend. Still haven't achieved my new year resolutions from last year either, but still aiming. Ah sure roll on 2013, let's see what you've got then!

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭Mollywolly

@Jellybaby. Sounds like you and me had similar years :(

2012 has probably been one of the worst years of my life. Practically every area has been hit - relationship, finances, job (still ain't got one and our savings are fast running out) and now, because of a health issue, on meds forever. Nothing too serious, but I could have done without it.

2013 can't possibly be as bad.....can it??? :eek: :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 28,379 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Heavens! I think we need a party to cheer us all up - I'll head over to the waiting room with a bottle of whiskey and some mince pies!

Bring some lemonade for me please!

• Registered Users Posts: 6 rick57

Oh, let's see...

:(: Threatened with eviction (by my brother, no less!).
    :): Moved to a new town and a nice house.
    :(: Waiting for old house to sell means bailiffs at the door taking every penny I own.
    :): My wife still loves me and believes in me.

I'm a glass-half-full sort of guy so I tend to look on the bright side but I've HATED this year. Good job the family aren't close because I suspect there'd be murder afoot before year end.

On the upside, I have a software synthesiser on my computer and it appears that I'm a dab hand at composing nice orchestral stuff - who knew?! Maybe 2013 will be my year...

Have a great Christmas, folks.

Rick

• Advertisement

And rick adds more 2012 rottenness! Well, when Looksee gets around to organising our party, you can provide the music. Don't know if there is room here for a full orchestra though! :D Might squeeze them in if we can get Rube to scootch up over there. Chuckie can provide soup for all. Can I be in charge of tea and sandwiches then?

And God Bless Us, Every One! :)

I've a bottle of Baileys I can contribute to our "Let's Get Happy" party and I could rustle up a cheesecake too if pushed :)

[I've a bottle of half-drunk gin too - wonder where the other half went?] :o

Mollywolly wrote: »
    I've a bottle of Baileys I can contribute to our "Let's Get Happy" party and I could rustle up a cheesecake too if pushed :)

[I've a bottle of half-drunk gin too - wonder where the other half went?] :o

Is OG stocking up for the New Year? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

Can't remember the last time I wore stockings.
    Oh wait, yes I can.
    :cool:

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

OldGoat wrote: »
    Can't remember the last time I wore stockings.
    Oh wait, yes I can.
    :cool:

Aah, thank god it was you I saw in the night OG, thought it was the hubby having a funny turn. Must say you wear the most attractive nylons - you must tell me where you get them :)

Mollywolly, they were OG's support stockings. The fishnet ones leave funny marks on his legs.

• Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭Pulsating Star

Been a funny old year..
    Started off well, gave up smoking (no particular reason)for the first time since ever.
    My first ever medical issue
    Medics: em..you are going to die.
    Ah well, least I could go back smoking.
    Medics: em..we had a rethink, you are not going to die but you have to give up the cigs !
    Ah, feck:) really struggling the second time around.

My first fulltime work since '08 came just out of the blue.
    I adopted a "lady of the night" ,Beryl, who decided to move in with me. I never thought I would take to a cat but we are getting along famously?
    Oh, and I lost my way,took a wander around Boards but have now seen the light.
    So all in all, not too bad.

Advertisement