Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Found Leap Card

Options
  • 10-12-2012 12:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭

Found a Leap Card on Camden Street Upper Friday. It is unfortunately unregistered but has a significant amount of credit on it. Shoot me a msg if you think it's yours and can give me a ballpark credit figure along with last 3 or 4 journeys taken. Long shot I know but I would be raging if I lost this myself and no-one else made the effort to try return it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

Fair play, shows the importance of registering the card. Only takes a couple of minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Seaswimmer

Fair play, shows the importance of registering the card. Only takes a couple of minutes.

But even if it was unregistered is there not a fair chance it was bought online. If so then Leapcard would have the details..

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭Tripp

I found a leapcard about 4months and emailed leap. This is what they said:

Thank you for your email.

Unfortunately the card is not registered so we are unable to know who the previous owner was. We cannot cancel the card as it is anonymous.You may bin it if you wish to.

Kind Regards,
    Leap Card Customer Care

• Registered Users Posts: 25,411 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

OP, if the owner had made a note of the card number, they probably would have registered it by now with the intention of having it cancelled and the credit transferred to a new card if that's possible.

Then again, why would you bother making a note of the number instead of just registering it in the first place?

If it hasn't been registered a week after you found it, I'd say you are morally entitled to go and use it yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,886 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Not just morally entitled .. but obliged! Otherwise the leap-peeps will have been given free money ....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭catching_streams

Not just morally entitled .. but obliged! Otherwise the leap-peeps will have been given free money ....

The Leap-peeps won't be getting any free money, that's for sure! I'll use the card and I'll donate to the SVP Friday if I don't hear anything before then. Best I can do I think.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Might as well live up to your username. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1 dino74

Hi, just wondering if anyone reading this lost a leap card in Carrickmines luas carpark, found a card this morning, would like to reunite it with owner.

Advertisement