Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wired Alarm Advice

Options
  • 10-12-2012 1:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

House that I'm renting was recently got broken into so want to get an alarm sorted.

There is an old alarm Horizon alarm( see pic) in the house but isn't switched on (landlady said it wasn't working when she boguht it almost 10 years ago).
    Opened the panel and put the fuse in and the alarm started going off. Have no codes or manual so just had to unlug it again

The house (windows and doors) are all wired with contacts (only one needs to be fixed from what I can see) and so am wondering what the est cost would be to get a new panel, new external bell box with a strobe, a gsm dialler/text and fix the broken contact?

The fact it is pre wired should the price be cheaper? Any suggestions on who to contact? I'm in South Dublin area

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,719 ✭✭✭✭altor

cmcc86 wrote: »
    House that I'm renting was recently got broken into so want to get an alarm sorted.

There is an old alarm Horizon alarm( see pic) in the house but isn't switched on (landlady said it wasn't working when she boguht it almost 10 years ago).
    Opened the panel and put the fuse in and the alarm started going off. Have no codes or manual so just had to unlug it again

The house (windows and doors) are all wired with contacts (only one needs to be fixed from what I can see) and so am wondering what the est cost would be to get a new panel, new external bell box with a strobe, a gsm dialler/text and fix the broken contact?

The fact it is pre wired should the price be cheaper? Any suggestions on who to contact? I'm in South Dublin area

Thanks in advance

If it has being down powered that long the only way to know what the issue is is to get the sensors and cables tested. Even if you did replace the control panel, an issue with a faulty device with the new system will still cause false alarms.

Price wise €400 is the usual for an upgrade but it all depends on any other work that needs to be carried out. The best advice is to contact local installers and have them look at the old system to work out what needs to be done.

There is a list of registered installers here.

Advertisement