Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nokia CK-15W car kit

Options
  • 10-12-2012 1:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭

Hope this is the right place for this.
    My husband has this in the car and the lorry. He has it paired to the lorry for work so that is working fine. But he can't pair it in the car. I think I had this problem before when I was installing it in my car and I already was paired to his car. I think the installation guy changed the name of the car kit so I could use both.
    Does anyone know how you get to a menu to change the car kit name? I can't find out how? Maybe I need to restore factory settings and that might let me?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,457 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Tell him to go into Bluetooth settings on his phone, find the list of paired devices and change the name of the lorry car kit to 'lorry' or something similar, then try to pair with the car again.

You can't change the Bluetooth name of the car kit itself, it will always come up with the same name when you do a search but as soon as you've paired with it, you can change the car kit name on the mobile device.

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭ecaf

Thanks, I'll do that for him, but I was afraid to do anything because he needs the lorry one to work and isn't all that technical himself so I'd have to go out and pair it again if I fecked it up! Probably in the middle of the night :rolleyes:

Sure I can always try it on my phone first, I've the same kit in my car (duh!)

Advertisement