Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What is the absolute cheepest you think you can live off in Dublin after rent?

Options
  • 10-12-2012 1:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 39

Just wondering what people estimate they would need to survive besides rent. Kind of considering buying a tent and camping somewhere behind the UCD pitch to save the cash!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

After rent?

All you need is money for food and bills surely.

If you're a student in UCD you need bus fare (or rent close enough to walk it).

50 euro a week should see you right for more than enough food and me being generous I've given you enough for a few tins of beer too.

Clothes etc. If you have enough of them then you're ok - you don't need new ones until the summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,467 ✭✭✭✭cson

If you walked everywhere, used the UCD internet and we're really prepped when it came to feeding yourself then I'd say you could get by on €30/week. And I mean 'get by'; you'd survive but have no sort of life. For a decent quality of life (reasonable quality of food, the odd chicken roll for lunch, bus fare, internet and one night out/treat) I'd reckon €80 is probably about right.

Advertisement