Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Stick with boring new job vs. old job opening?

• 10-12-2012 1:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Left an old job which I’d had for over a decade 18 months ago to start my own business (long itch I had to scratch, which didn’t work out). Really regretted quitting my job afterwards, but finally found a new job, in a similar vein, which has decent pay and T&C.
    However, 5 weeks in, it is boring and frustrating as hell.
    I'm a creative kind, but I've no creative outlet (or opinion) whatsoever in this new job. Whereas I did in my previous career, before leaving to try my own thing. Without sounding conceited, people still tell me that I was doing a great job there and the place is really lacking without me.
    I’ve now learned that, a few weeks ago, my old boss – who I’m still on good terms with – was on the verge of asking me to go back in a new (creative, all-encompassing) role before I got my current job.
    The old workplace is unorthodox… it was crazy at times. The new place is clinical. Everything is where it should be in terms of management, HR, etc. But there are so many systems and procedures (and layers of bossmania) it’s counter-productive. And what I’m doing in terms of subject matter is mind-numbing.
    Just wondering should I contact my old boss for a chat (it’s informal like that) or should I give the new job more time? Just don’t want to get into it too deep if it’s something I’m not going to be happy in or committed to.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,089 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Ring the old boss, do it now.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,335 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

As the previous poster said; I'm not even sure why you'd ask the question when the answer is very clear in your mind already :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 469 ✭✭Janedoe10

Ya ring him . U may regret not doing it . As u said old Job was a challenge nothing worse getting up to a job that u may despise (or grow to hate it ) . If there are no openings at least u will know . u may give your new position a chance then .

It's true though that u were comfortable in your old job . U may get to like the new job too

Advertisement