Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Skinny mans journey to the buff life..

Options
  • 10-12-2012 1:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭

Okay so as my last training programme was slated to hell in the main forum this week I'm changing things up radically! Food intake will increase as well as the amount of days I hit the gym.

So I'm intending on going to the gym on

Monday; Chest and triceps.
    Tuesday; Legs.
    Thursday; Back and Biceps.
    Friday; Shoulders.

Food portions will increase also, as I'd comfortably be able to hit my 160grams of protein a day. The rest of my macros I'll post tomorrow after a full days eating.

My stats are as follows at the beginning of this programme;

69kg.
    5'11.
    10.6% BF.

In relation to this I'm stopping training my core as often and as long as I used to. I'm cutting it back to an hour a week and will see how that goes for me.

Here goes nothing...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭RidleyRider

So this week has been good. Did quiet a bit of work on form with lower weights and found it to hit the muscles a hell of a lot more! For instance;

Seated DB curls;

Previous max- 18kg either hand for 8-10 reps. After looking at some videos I realised my elbows weren't locked to the body meaning I was swinging the weight up. (This may have caused the injury to my shoulder I sustained a while back, or at least added to it).

Today- 14kg either hand for 8-10 reps. Elbows locked, my god were my biceps feeling it. I'm not happy to have dropped the weight but if it brings more development it has to be done.

Same goes for BB curls, swinging the weight at 35kg. Dropped to 25 for 8 reps and I was in bits.

This week I was delighted with deadlifting. Increased my max from 140kg to 150kg for one rep max. Got some straps too so I think that aided me, belted too. Long term goal for this will be to reach 200kg. Hopefully in February or early March. Form was good too I guess.

Squats went well, didn't get any increase from my 80kg max. Hopefully I'll increase this next week. Long term for squating qould probably be at the 110kg mark in the same time as deadlifts.

The rest of my exercises seem to be about the same as they've always been. But hopefully improvements elsewhere will aid these too. Core work has been decreased but not dropped from every work out. I hit it hard one day a week and for the other two or three days its just a quick 15min work to maintain.

Also happy with my food intake, its not perfect but is much better. I'm only getting used to not eating my standard 3 meals a day and instead eating 5-6 times per day. Portions aren't huge but I'm getting there. One piece of pasta penne at a time:P

Weight I believe has gone up to 72kg by the reading of the gym scales. I want to be at 78-80kg but nothing too much under or over that. Then again I'll see how I think I look at these weights as I go.

I'll give a rough idea of what I'm eating at the moment;

Breakfast;

40grams of oats.
    Scrambled egg w/ chopped ham and parsley.

Meal 2;

Meat of some sorts with salad/pasta.

Meal 3;

Chicken/ steak- about 300grams with some vege.

Meal 4;

Protein powder 32.4g.
    Handfull of nuts.

Meal 5;
    More chicken or other meat with vege again.

Meal 6;

Well there usually isn't any.

I really need to work on meal variety because eating all the same foods is extremely boring and does at time put me off eating. But then again it is better then what I was eating before. Baby steps...

Of course any dietary suggestions are welcome. Hanley posted his diet in a thread called building mass and general fitness which I have gotten a few more ideas from on eating. I think my lack of protein was always holding me back . I was suffering a real deficit from lack of food.

Again, suggestions are welcome from anyone who took the time to actually read this:P

Advertisement