Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

how to get my website known?

Options
  • 10-12-2012 2:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭

Hi guys how do I get my website known I have made a facebook and twitter page but I want it to show up more on google search and the likes? Any halp at all appreciated thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16 dublinwp

first you need to optimise your site for google, then promote it. write fresh content, get backlinks, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭clarbar

Hi what I meant also is any advice on how to put coupon codes on my website like 50% off codes and then entering it in once they go to pay thanks?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭IRE60

It would depend on the setup of your site and its CMS - is it magento or the likes?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Use google places and google web master tools to have google search your site.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭clarbar

hi thanks the thing i use is core ftp but it doesnt seem to be connecting for me does anyone know any similar sites i can use instead as I am getting very stressed as I cant even edit the site for now? thanks the core ftp keeps saying cannot estabish connection

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭blue4ever

ok you either have the wrong password or the password has been changed.

Do you have access to cpanel or the likes - ie the web backend so you can check the ftp acount setup

• Closed Accounts Posts: 387 ✭✭link8r

Hi Clarbar,

I think I follow you on twitter :)

Rank better in Google: Do you know anyone else with a big website and web traffic? Ask them for a link ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭Blindside87

Optimise your content, title tags and descriptions.

Then you need to start a link building campaign asap as it can take a while for it to kick in! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭M.T.D

As you have found out having a website does not guarantee you visitors or sales.
    There are lots of ways to promote a website and most are generic. If there is very little competition or it is just a hobby and you want to dabble then you can work it out with effort and time.
    If it is business and / or a competitive niche get a marketing company to do you a report. This will tell you all the things to do and specifically in your niche.
    I repeat if this business where your time is money, you will earn more doing what you are good at, and paying someone else to do what they are good at (this applies to most outsourcing).
    Before you put loads of effort into promoting your site make sure it works, i.e. turns visitors into paying customers, a short GoogleAd campaign can give you rapid feedback. Once your site works then promote it.
    If it is for yourself then here is a hopefully helpful list.

Google analytics can give a great amount of information about visitors on your site, make sure the code is on all the pages.

Use Facebook but make sure articles/stories are on your site and links then go to your site from Facebook, don't put the story on Facebook and link from your site.

Use local business directories, put in a good description of your business, many are free and although some of these sites have little traffic and the links are probably low value or nofollow it is another place on the web where your site appears.
    Give helpful answers on forums (i.e. here on boards like this)
    Find other sites in your field (or related) that have an active blog and add useful comments, if you blatantly promote yourself you will get barred quickly.
    Avoid link farms and buying links, if google's algorithms detect "foul play" you site can disappear for a long time.

Advertisement