Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Humiliated and bad treatment,in the branch,on my own money...

Options
  • 10-12-2012 2:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭

Hello,

Been badly treated in a BoI branch recently.

With my money in my hand...treated like last person on the street !!!
    By the staff over at the counter,than followed by the Branch Manager !
    In front of all the customers and i hope,in front of the CCTV recording.

How do i log a complaint !?
    I'll like an official enquirer of the issue and personal apologies by the staff member and by the branch Manager before going public or approaching my Solicitor !

Please advise.
    Thanks.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭mathepac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Linda

Hi Ctrl Alt Del,

Apologies about how you were treated while in the branch.

mathepac is correct, you can log onto that link which will give you the different options to log a complaint.

Another option is if you would like to pm us with your name, branch and contact number we can organise a callback to log a complaint on your behalf.

Thanks
    Linda

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭areyawell

Hello,

Been badly treated in a BoI branch recently.

With my money in my hand...treated like last person on the street !!!
    By the staff over at the counter,than followed by the Branch Manager !
    In front of all the customers and i hope,in front of the CCTV recording.

How do i log a complaint !?
    I'll like an official enquirer of the issue and personal apologies by the staff member and by the branch Manager before going public or approaching my Solicitor !

Please advise.
    Thanks.

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭Super hoop

Op, what exactly happened?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

Last time I did a withdrawal the teller asked me what I was going to do with the money !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭Ctrl Alt Del

Thanks for reply !
    Before asking BoI to check a BoI staff...

I need few clarifications here,thansk in advance for your time:
    -is it normal for a staff member to tell you how to do business banking because the lunch is 5 minutes away and is a busy time !?
    -is it normal for a staff member to force you to lodge cheques over the new ATM machine or i can lodge them,one by one,over the counter ?
    -is it normal for a staff member to rush you just because her stomach is empty and her brain is thinking at lunch time !?
    -is it normal for a BoI branch to take cheques as a lodgment,over the counter,with my VISA card,one by one OR all cheques in a single transaction ?
    -is it normal for a staff member to say that by doing business with BoI i'm actually not paying her wages and bonuses,therefore i have to give her a higher respect ,me as a customer ?
    -is it normal for a Branch manager to call in the open office and ask me to lodge those cheques at the new ATM ?
    -is it normal for the manager to force me to lodge those cheques in a single transaction rather than in 6 (six) despite saying that BoI is not doing this kind of lodgements since 2 years ago (i'm lodging cheques like that since 2 years ago)?
    -is it normal for him to say this fact, even if i managed to get 3 (three) cheques lodged one by one,with my card,over the counter by the same staff member minutes ago ??
    -is it normal to be told by the Manager to leave the branch now or to find another bank that does this kind of lodgements !??
    -is it normal for any staff to have this behaviour and despite thinking i haven't done anything wrong,to don't get a follow-up call or letter from my branch,as they have my contact details,as i met the same Branch Manager few times,privately,in his office !???
    -for how many days the CCTV footage from a branch will "stay recorded" !?
    -is it normal for a bank staff to have this kind of treatment to any of the customers ?

To be honest,i've lost any normal ,human been understanding....people coming out of the branch saying that i've been treated like a **** and is not fair what they did to me...and all this game over a period of time around 5 minutes !!!

I went to another branch where i lodged the remaining 3(three) cheques as i wanted to run my own business !
    Seriously thinking to move to another branch,possible to another bank !

Now,what are my chances to lodge a complaint with BoI staff to check on another BoI staff members and to get an official response !????

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭Super hoop

Thanks for reply !

-is it normal for a staff member to tell you how to do business banking because the lunch is 5 minutes away and is a busy time !?
    -is it normal for a staff member to force you to lodge cheques over the new ATM machine or i can lodge them,one by one,over the counter ?
    -is it normal for a staff member to rush you just because her stomach is empty and her brain is thinking at lunch time !?
    -is it normal for a BoI branch to take cheques as a lodgment,over the counter,with my VISA card,one by one OR all cheques in a single transaction ?
    -is it normal for a staff member to say that by doing business with BoI i'm actually not paying her wages and bonuses,therefore i have to give her a higher respect ,me as a customer ?
    -is it normal for a Branch manager to call in the open office and ask me to lodge those cheques at the new ATM ?
    -is it normal for the manager to force me to lodge those cheques in a single transaction rather than in 6 (six) despite saying that BoI is not doing this kind of lodgements since 2 years ago (i'm lodging cheques like that since 2 years ago)?
    -is it normal for him to say this fact, even if i managed to get 3 (three) cheques lodged one by one,with my card,over the counter by the same staff member minutes ago ??
    -is it normal to be told by the Manager to leave the branch now or to find another bank that does this kind of lodgements !??
    -is it normal for any staff to have this behaviour and despite thinking i haven't done anything wrong,to don't get a follow-up call or letter from my branch,as they have my contact details,as i met the same Branch Manager few times,privately,in his office !???
    -is it normal for a bank staff to have this kind of treatment to any of the customers ?

To be honest,i've lost any normal ,human been understanding....people coming out of the branch saying that i've been treated like a **** and is not fair what they did to me...and all this game over a period of time around 5 minutes !!!

I went to another branch where i lodged the remaining 3(three) cheques as i wanted to run my own business !

Now,what are my chances to lodge a complaint with BoI staff to check on another BoI staff members and to get an official response !????
    Wow.....id be finding myself a new bank to conduct my business if that happened to me!! Very shoddy indeed.stopped banking with boi a few years ago.am in a happy relationship with aib these days :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Linda

Hi Ctrl Alt Del,

All complaints logged with Bank of Ireland are attended to quickly, impartially and greatest care is taken to ensure issues are resolved to the customer's satisfaction.

We wouldn't be in a position to answer your specific questions but once a complaint is logged, the issues will be investigated in full.

Once the investigation is complete, if you are unhappy with how we had dealt with it you can discuss it with the Financial Services Ombudsman directly. All contact information is included on this link.

Thanks
    Linda

• Registered Users Posts: 43 guineylab

well ive found loads of times they will remove people from the queue to make lodgements through the atm, it just speeds up the line

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭aN.Droid

You were hurried as they where closing for lunch. Quite normal.

Where you the last person in the branch? The manager might have been following you so when you left he can close the doors asap before someone else comes in.

Over reaction tbh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,949 ✭✭✭Dr Turk Turkelton

Tigger wrote: »
    Last time I did a withdrawal the teller asked me what I was going to do with the money !

Happened to me as well!
    Was taking out money to buy a car-was very tempted to say "coke and hookers"!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 448 ✭✭tunedout

Thanks for reply !

Is it normal to use the word normal that many times in any normal post?

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭Rory1

tunedout wrote: »
    Is it normal to use the word normal that many times in any normal post?

No.

OP, I would suggest you try and improve your writing skills before making a formal complaint. The above is painful to read.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭areyawell

It was close to lunch and they wanted to get too lunch. Big deal! What kind of a fool are you OP? Seriously? Never read such rubbish in my life! That attitude will get you no-where. The Bank manager was obviously shutting the door behind you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,327 ✭✭✭Merch

guineylab wrote: »
    well ive found loads of times they will remove people from the queue to make lodgements through the atm, it just speeds up the line

Have noticed this shhit attitude at BOI lately myself OP
    Was this Lucan branch by any chance?

For me it was, No one in Q, barely anyone in the branch, I presented with a cash sum to lodge, teller along with another person behind counter refused to take it said I had to go to the machine, now Im all for speeding the process up, but there was no one there, by the time they told me of all this they would have had the cash lodged.
    They gave me some excuse why they could not take it, and it was?
    Because I had my card, which I was ready to present to input my PIN.
    I have always had my card when making a cash lodgement at the cashier/tellers in the past.
    They pointblank refused to take it! Now I know this is some effort to reduce staff which I dont see as a problem, but instead of informing people in a reasonable way they just have a **** attitude about it, but when two staff are at the teller positions and refuse to take the cash, why have them there at all??
    OP they seem to be trying to get people to do lodgements at the machines, but are douches about it.

I went to the machine and low and behold, it couldn't give me a simple balance on the total amount in my account as its not an ATM its a lodgement machine.

Another instance I was requesting some information from my branch, they got really ratty.
    Saw another customer get pissed in BOI newlands cross too.
    Something is going on at BOI branches.
    OP fcuk BOI, go to PTSB, no charges, I'm doing that after Xmas and I'll keep my account with a debit only card without the visa debit/laser feature (its awkward to open accounts, they have you jump through hoops)

So BOI rep, what transactions do the tellers actually complete, when there are no other or very few other customers in the branch????

• Registered Users Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭M three

Thanks for reply !

Why have you such an issue using the automated lodgement machine? Its quicker than waiting in a queue to lodge checks so ultimately they were helping you out by asking you to use it.
    You need to move with the times

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Merch wrote: »
    OP fcuk BOI, go to PTSB, no charges, I'm doing that after Xmas and I'll keep my account with a debit only card without the visa debit/laser feature (its awkward to open accounts, they have you jump through hoops)

Merch, the PTSB has been sending customers to the Lodgment Machine since the beginning of this year.

Merch, the PTSB has been sending customers to the Lodgment Machine since the beginning of this year.

Yes?
    As i have said,I have no problem with that, I go to the machine and take my time to do everything I need to. If they wont provide the staff, I can understand there may be reasons why, if they want people to go to the automated machines then at least provide a number of them (Like I have noticed in some branches of PTSB) instead of forcing everyone to Q at one machine.

But also, they had a very poor attitude about the whole thing

like i said my experience was, there was a teller present and no customers there and they spent time refusing to take my cash???
    They could have as easily taken the cash and made the lodgement and informed me of the new policy and what the machines are able to do, but I notice that only some of the machines are only capable of lodgements and I couldnt get a balance off the machine I used, so much for speeding the process up.

I see no point in having staff at a teller position and directing customers to the machine when they are already standing in front of the teller.
    If a Q had formed then they can also introduce people waiting to this new speedier way of doing things.

I have no problems using automated features if it is more convenient and quicker, but at times you need to ask something.
    Same reason I dont always go to the automated tills in Tesco, I may want cash back, or I know if its busy there and I have something that may require authorisation, I'll be left waiting.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭stateofflux

in general boi are doing 'constructive bad service' to move people to online banking and then save money by closing branches

in general boi are doing 'constructive bad service' to move people to online banking and then save money by closing branches

I think that is it, nail on the head
    They have taken a completely different approach since last year, maybe year and a half.
    I bet they are doing meetings on it,

Bonuses for treating customers like shyte, probably looking at the margins on customers and trying to drive away whoever doesn't fit their preferred profile, so rather than force accounts closed, they just piss people off until they leave.
    I will keep my account open and operate them on minimal usage and charge.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

Hi All,

Thank you for all your comments and feedback. We appreciate you all taking the time to post. We will be passing it on to our Branch Network and any individual branches mentioned in your posts.
    Merch wrote: »
    So BOI rep, what transactions do the tellers actually complete, when there are no other or very few other customers in the branch????

Cashiers are more than happy to assist with any transactions that cannot be completed through a self-service channel. They are also keen to guide and assist customers in using our self-service facilities.

We've recently answered a similar query.
    Bank of Ireland recently re-affirmed that its national branch network remains and will continue to be an integral part of a multi-channel approach to serve and recruit personal and business customers in Ireland. We are also investing in technology (branch, mobile and online), in particular using electronic channels to migrate routine transactions from branches and further improve customer service and convenience.

Thanks again,
    Tara

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

guineylab wrote: »

Here's something else that'll speed up the line: put the person harassing people in the queue at a window where they can serve people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 534 ✭✭✭movingsucks

Limericks wrote: »
    You were hurried as they where closing for lunch. Quite normal.

Where you the last person in the branch? The manager might have been following you so when you left he can close the doors asap before someone else comes in.

Over reaction tbh

Since when do they close for lunch?
    Lunch time is when most working folks do their banking.
    Relative of mine had a similar experience he wanted to lodge some cash and the woman rolled her eyes and said she'd lodge it "this one time" (like it was some personal favour) and then ordered him not to bring cash in again at lunchtime because it was their busiest time.
    I myself was lodging money into an account and I was asked to stand aside and wait because "look at the queue".
    Lazy obnoxious staff. Not all, but there are definitely some bag eggs there.

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 12,597 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Niamh
    Boards.ie Community Manager

OP has been given the information (s)he requested to place a complaint so I'm closing this thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,064 ✭✭✭Gurgle

I'm really shocked you didn't get better service when you raised the 'who pays your wages' issue. I've always found this to be the best way to encourage people to treat me better.

Its great for getting public servants on your side too: Gardaì in particular appreciate a reminder that they are servants of the people, and paid with your taxes. They will usually let you off once you've pointed this out.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement