Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parking Near Moneenageisha

Options
  • 10-12-2012 2:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Hi
    I have just been offered a job in GFSC (on the hill between cemetery cross roundabout and moneenageisha traffic lights). Apparently staff are not allowed to use the parking facilities onsite so I am just wondering if anyone who works in that area would be able to advise where I would be able to park safely on a daily basis. Is there free parking in the Eye Carpark / Huntsman or would you recommend maybe parking in renmore / mervue and walking in to work from there?
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,966 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

I doubt that the parking in the Eye / Huntsman includes all-day for local workers.

I'm not sure what the status of the council car-park in College Rd is, have a feeling one part of it got closed. There is a car-parking building in Liosban estate, too. Both are a bit of a walk .. but closer than Renmore/Mervue though. (And both those suburbs have their own issues with all-day parkers from their own local institutions, too.)

Where would you be travelling from?

• Registered Users Posts: 11 galway1234

I will be coming from the Oranmore direction but unfortunately public transport not an option. Will have a look at those options.
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭lampsie

Not ideal, but you could park up in Garrycastle GAA/Roscam car park and hop one of the buses along dublin road - should get you in fairly quick

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

I'm fairly sure the Oranmore bus stops at the Huntsman so you could perhaps drive into Oran village and get the bus from there? Unless of course you need the car for work or some other reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭Storm 10

There are car park attendents in the Eye and Woodies car park, they go around taking no plate numbers both upstairs and downstairs so no chance there of all day parking, I am nearly certain I saw a guy doing the same at Castlegar pitch car park

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Storm 10 wrote: »
    There are car park attendents in the Eye and Woodies car park, they go around taking no plate numbers both upstairs and downstairs so no chance there of all day parking, I am nearly certain I saw a guy doing the same at Castlegar pitch car park
    It's a shame that the abuse of facilities has resorted in these measures.

• Subscribers Posts: 171 ✭✭Night Falls

Is there still daily parking available in the sportsgrounds on college road? It's not free but from memory not crazy expensive either.

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭Private Joker

Is there still daily parking available in the sportsgrounds on college road? It's not free but from memory not crazy expensive either.

Its 4 euro per day.

http://www.rent.ie/parking-spaces/Sandyfort-Bohermore-Co-Galway/12123/
    You might be able to rent a parking space around the corner.

Advertisement