Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dropdowns in menu bar showing off the page

Options
  • 10-12-2012 2:27pm
    Administrators Posts: 53,732 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭

Hi guys,

Has a change been made to the layout of the floating menu bar at the top?

Right now, my "My Forums" is right against the edge of the screen when it opens, this used to not be the case.

My "awec" dropdown actually cuts off as it's wider and I can't see part of it. The "0" (unread pm count etc) is cut in half.

This only started happening today as far as I can see. I haven't changed browser settings or anything.

Windows 8, IE 10, 1366 X 768.

awec

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭Boards.ie: Danny

Have you tried logging out and clearing your cache? Can you screenshot the issue? We're running IE10 on a Windows 7 box at the minute and there is no change in the behaviour. My window is sized at 999x268 too.

Danny

• Administrators Posts: 53,732 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Tried that, still happening. Screenshot attached. There is no horizontal scrollbar displayed on the page too, btw.

The only other thing that happened is my subscription expired and I renewed it this morning, so for a few hours I was seeing ads again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 619 ✭✭✭Boards.ie: Paddy

Yeah that's a bug, we've deployed some CSS changes today. Your short username isn't catered for by them. Fix going live in a few minutes.

Edit:

And live, let us know if that doesn't fix it.

• Administrators Posts: 53,732 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

It's no longer cut off :)

Is there a reason for moving the menus to the edge of the page, I preferred the small amount of margin previously?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 619 ✭✭✭Boards.ie: Paddy

There is a margin for anyone with a username > 4 characters long. Right now the more margin we give you the more wasted space everyone else has. So yeah, we probably need to investigate how we position the menu relative to your username and the right edge of the screen and see if we can do it a bit better.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

I thought I was losing it, noticed the my forums drop down arrow was much closer to the edge than usual.

The Boards.ie tech lads > Questioning my own sanity :D

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

My "My Forums" arrow is definitely closer to the edge than it used to be.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement