Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Thomson DC 162 UPC

• 10-12-2012 2:34pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 693 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I recently 'upgraded' to Digital+ on UPC. The new box is a Thomson DC 162 UPC and I'm not too impressed with it - its really noisy. Is this typcial of these boxes?
    It sounds like a combination of HD vibration and fan noise. Has anyone mod'ed one of these to reduce the noise? If I can't sort it out I'm thinking of sending it back.

Thanks!

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,878 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

Unfortunately the noise comes with there being a hard disk in them, its a moving part and there is a fan to cool it. Non-PVR STBs are more or less completely silent. Its a trade off you have to make really. The STB is owned by UPC and is not yours to modify.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 693 ✭✭✭Gyck

Thanks icdg, I figured it was a disk and while I'd figured that UPC wouldn't be happy with people tampering with their equipment I was still interersted to see if anyone had tried it.

Advertisement