Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mac Brush Make up sets

• 10-12-2012 3:04pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭

How much do these generally run? I have seen individuals and I was amazed by the price. But apparently they are worth it! So I think I was going to get her a set.

I can get it from the airport which is a bit better, its a bit cheaper. A guideline would be hugely appreciated, I havent been able to find an accurate one online, and havent been able to get to Brown Thomas yet. If anyone knows, would really appreciate it!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Dark Phoenix

glamour daze is the 2012 christmas collection. There are lovely brush sets in it (scroll down to bottom on the link below to see them).

I dont know how much they are in BT - I saw them for about 60 something euro in the airport which seems reasonable.

http://www.chicprofile.com/2012/09/mac-glamour-daze-holiday-2012-collection-gift-sets-sneak-peek.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭xpletiv

Yep! They are the very ones I was looking at. Thanks for the price, if anyone else knows, much appreciated!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭bscm

In BT's they are/were 65 euro (some/all may have sold out)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Just be aware that the holiday sets are not full size brushes and tend to be of less quality than the full size! This year's set is soo cute though!

Twee - can you explain a bit more? Do they last long? I mean, am I wasting my money on a set rather than getting proper brushes?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭bscm

Quality varies, some sets are pretty good, others might have one or two "dud" brushes (they might still be decent, but not as good as the full size or other brushes in the set).

I got a MAC brush set for Christmas a few years ago (3-4 I think), and I still use the brushes now (some daily, like the 239SE, 219SE and 129SE). I've never owned or used a full size MAC brush so I can't compare the quality, but I personally wouldn't buy the full versions anytime soon unless one of the SE brushes broke or was lost.

They normally are good value if you want a few starter brushes, or a travel pack of brushes. Just remember to wash them properly and use either proper brush cleanser or baby shampoo :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

I got the Make it Perfect brush set (the one with the white-haired brushes) last year, and I actually use all the brushes nearly every day! The 212 (which I thought I would never use - flat liner brush) is actually now one of my faves. Two other good eye brushes (217 and 239) and face brushes in it too. They have the same one out this year but in much prettier packaging, I'm well jel ;_;

Apparently they are all sold out in the airport as well. Pretty much sold out everywhere.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

If it's a brush set you'd like to get her, not just Mac, there are other options. The Mac one is so so pretty and of course has the brand attached. Mac holiday collections tend to be hot property, they fly off the shelves!!

Not as pretty as the Mac, but the Real Techniques brushes are really great. You can get a set in Boots. €30-€40 I think. Make Up Alley is a great site to look up cosmetics reviews, and they give them a 4.7/5 http://www.makeupalley.com/product/showreview.asp/ItemId=142801/Stippling-Brush/Real-Techniques-by-Samantha-Chapman/Makeup-Brushes

Not sure if they'd be here in time, but Sigma are good quality too http://www.sigmabeauty.com/category_s/49.htm They have some pink sets that are nice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 515 ✭✭✭ck83

I have some MAC brushes and a case, and I consider them well worth the money. I love them! I bought them individually, and they're pricey.... But a real investment... I expect to be still using them when I'm doing my self up for bingo with my OAP buddies!! If you don't to buy a full set, you could buy a few core brushes and build on them gradually... It'll be bday and Xmas pressies sorted for a while!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement