Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Three upgrade same price as new customer?

Options
  • 10-12-2012 3:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭

I have been with three for almost 6 years on price plans that have changed over time but have always been between €40 and €50 per month. I am currently on the Classic Flex Max plan and due an upgrade.
    You would expect that after 6 years and a decent bill every month you might get something decent on an upgrade offer.
    But no, every upgrade price on every phone is exactly the same price as for a new customer starting on the same plan for the same contract length. I thought it might be just an online mistake, so went into the local shop, but prices the same.
    How can this be? Is there no benefit to being a loyal customer?
    My wife also has a 3 account for nearly 4 years and we have 3 broadband .. and this is what we get??

Has anybody ever heard of anything like this happeneing before?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,773 ✭✭✭ablelocks

vbman wrote: »
    Is there no benefit to being a loyal customer?

I'm with 3 too, one would think you'd be rewarded for loyalty but no is the short answer. I've an ongoing request for an iphone 5 at a reasonable upgrade price - if i was a new customer, I'd get one for about 139 on a 2 year contract. The price I'm being quoted for an upgrade = €306.27

unless 3 are your only option when it comes to actual coverage, move to another provider.

All the company metrics are built around new contracts, not with keeping existing customers. And it's the same across industries, but especially utilities. new customers get the best offers. so if that's they way they want to play, switch when and if you can. and as often as you can

• Registered Users Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

Op - you are technically no different than a new customer as you will be spending the same money on contract.

Advertisement