Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Draft Classes

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

My needs are too numerous at the moment, and my cap space too small. So much work to do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

The worst thing you could do is use that sheet first off lads.

Better off scouting players first and then using it.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

SantryRed wrote: »
    The worst thing you could do is use that sheet first off lads.

Better off scouting players first and then using it.

Yep most certainly.

See what your needs are and then scout those players/positions.

No point scouting the top rated WR if you dont need one

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

But that sheet only tells their development, not if they're any good or not.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

There's a balance i think between someone say whos a 75 rated CB and who will advance very quickly and a 83 rated CB who wont go past that as we dont have a long franchise. These guys will only get 2 seasons.

• Advertisement

Exactly, no point drafting a 70 rated player with great development as he won't be a starter by the time we finish this franchise,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

I don't have a 1st round pick for the entire duration of this franchise :(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

How important is it to draft a player that fits your scheme?

I would say it depends on the position but for most it's pretty important. Especially for positions like D-Line, Linebakcers etc.

Pretty pointless trying to put a 4-3 DE into a 3-4 and so on.

You wil lfind that a players rating is influenced by what scheme he is being asked to play in. It's the first thing I scout and if it's not a good match I won't bother scouting any additional attributes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭Nelbert

Thought there would be some sort of unspoken gentleman's agreement not to use these?

Development is great and all but it's geared towards franchises that will be much longer than our 3 seasons of Cheesehead dominance.....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Browns need outside linebacker help badly!
    Pass rush is horrible

Hope to get some help in the draft

mikemac1 wrote: »
    Browns need outside linebacker help badly!
    Pass rush is horrible

Hope to get some help in the draft
    Pass rush is horrible you say........hmmmmm well see ya later :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,751 ✭✭✭Raoul

Just to let you know the draft console is a big load of crap. We would nearly be aswell skipping it. Impossible to use when we did the Fantasy draft. Ended up drafting people I didn't want and drafting two of the same position as I thought I hadn't got other people.

So its going to be fun.

Raoul practice is key! The pro PFL draft went fine for me after I practiced!

I missed my third round pick with hilarious consequences as Heli and Bery can attest.

What is the entire Proceedure for the draft?
    Pick a date and tough if you can't make it?

I'm going after a couple of fat guys on both sides of the ball that I've been scouting all season so my first round pick may be up for grabs if my main target goes before my pick and I get a reasonable offer for the 32nd overall pick....

• Registered Users Posts: 8,093 ✭✭✭Guffy

lads anyone in need of a qb Johsh Freeman 83 ovr is available for draft picks/pick. I just haven't been able to get the best out if him and like his backup

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

Real life might not be the only place Alex Smith loses his job.

Pretty much nelbert.
    We'll have a doodle poll and majority wins.
    Though we may end up having ours xmas week at this rate :pac:

Pretty much nelbert.
    We'll have a doodle poll and majority wins.
    Though we may end up having ours xmas week at this rate :pac:

Cool beans! Would be grand as I'm off that whole week apart from Christmas Eve!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,786 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

If you're not around, you can still set a list and the CPU will draft for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭NekoChan

How do you find out how many picks you have?

I know there is a base 7 - but I traded picks somewhere down line and I have forgotten what I actually have available to me

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭etloveslsd

NekoChan wrote: »
    How do you find out how many picks you have?

I know there is a base 7 - but I traded picks somewhere down line and I have forgotten what I actually have available to me

You will have to wait until the post season. The go to the trade screen as if you were going to initiate a trade, and check your picks there

Don't think I can check now but how good are the players coming out of the draft?
    What would be their overall rating around like,good enough to jump into your team straight away?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,786 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

PerrinV2 wrote: »
    Don't think I can check now but how good are the players coming out of the draft?
    What would be their overall rating around like,good enough to jump into your team straight away?

First rounders might be around 85-80, second round 75-80.

Advertisement