Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whats in Taco sauce?

Options
  • 10-12-2012 5:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Whats in the taco sauce from Abrakebabra? Cant get it with a kebab in the UK so i'm gonna try and make some.(for a relative from Sligo)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭Plazaman

Go over to The Food Centre (Abbey Foods) in Cleveragh, they've big bottles of it there, identical to Abras sauce. Delish (full of E's and additives but delish all the same).

EDIT : OK I've only seen you're in the UK so probably wouldn't be able to pop over to Abbey Foods. I'll read the ingredients the nexts time and see whats in it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭Kettleson

I'd hazard a guess that an equivelant sauce widely available in England would be the "ENCONA" brand.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,738 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

What's in Big 4 Sauce?

Big 4 Sauce you say?:D

4 heaped Tbsp Mayonnaise
    1 Tbsp Heinz Ketchup
    Lemon juice
    Pinch Cayenne pepper
    1 Tbsp Cream
    Chuck in some chilli powder to taste or Encona Hot Pepper sauce depending on how much you want to blow your head off.:P

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Telbert

Just made some from memory(its been a while since i had some).Mayonnaise, ketchup,garlic powder,tabasco,oregano,cumin and salt.
    It was very well received.
    Cheers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

I'd rather not know and simply enjoy it.

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 43,895 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Big 4 Sauce has capers too..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,206 ✭✭✭gustavo

Leave it out in the sun for a while too

....and to ensure you capture that authentic seasoned taste.. be sure not to wipe off too much of the thriving bacteria from the rim of the jar.

Advertisement